Qualification elligibility criteria

Completed B.Sc.(Agril.) and B.Ed.(with biology and chemistry as methodology) from Maharashtra state, interested in teaching job, eligibility criteria for the post of upper primary teacher(6 to 8) class in Maharashtra government school.

I completed B.Sc.(Agril.) and after that I completed B.Ed.(with biology and chemistry as methodology) from Maharashtra state. I am interested in teaching job in Maharashtra secondary or upper elementary school in Maharashtra. Can I be eligible for above post? My main question is can B.Sc.(Agril.) degree is eligible qualification for the post of upper primary teacher(6 to 8) class in Maharashtra govt. school?
  • #137342
    The academic eligibility criteria for appearing in TET for selection of competent candidates for teaching jobs in schools in Maharashtra for class-VI to class-VIII is an university degree along with 2 years diploma in elementary education or a degree with 45% marks along with one year Bachelor of Education or Higher Secondary education with at least 50% marks along with 4 years course in Bachelor of Elementary Education or Higher Secondary with at least 50% marks along with completion of 4 years course in BA/BScEd Or, BAEd/ BScEd etc. Since the author has completed B.Sc.(Agril.) which is a graduate degree, it appears that he/she is eligible to appear in TET.
    However final clarification may be sought from -
    The Commissioner (MSCE), Maharashtra State Council of Education,
    17, Dr. Ambedkar Road, Pune - 411001
    Ph: 020-26123066/26129919
    Email: mscepune@gmail.com

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.