|Author: Reena Upadhya 19 Jul 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 7 (Rs 7) Voting Score: 0|
Homeopathy is an alternative medicine which has been practiced since age old period. However, studies have proved that it is not effective in treatment of any disease or condition. A patient feels he is recovering when on homeopathic treatment and that is mainly due to the placebo effect he experiences.
Science has given other explanations apart from placebo effect in case of healing experienced by homeopathic patients. They are:-
1. When the patient stops other unpleasant treatments and starts concentrating on homeopathic medicine, he feels good as the side effects exerted on his body from other sorts of treatments are seen to be diminished gradually.
2. He feels positive as he is shown concern and care by his care giver.
3. Body has its own ability to heal itself and this is what happens over a period of time. Thus, patient experiences healing of his disease and correction of disorder and the whole credit goes to this form of alternative medicine.
Homeopathic medicines are not effective in these conditions:-
-Asthma with impaired breathing.
-Conditions which require immediate antibiotics like meningitis.
-Over exposure to environmental toxins.
-Conditions which require simple nutritional care.
-Conditions which require changes in life style.
-Serious infections which require large doses of antibiotics.
-Conditions like cancer which require surgery.
-Fatal organ failure like kidney failure or liver diseases.
-Heart blockage or other heart related diseases which requires immediate surgery.
|Author: Sheo Shankar Jha 20 Jul 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 8 (Rs 8) Voting Score: 0|
There are some diseases which don't respond to Homoeopathic treatments. Some of these has been noted below-
1) Allergic - disease- Though the homoeopathic medicines are prescribed depending upon the personality of a man and the doctor ensures in complete evaluation of the charecterstics of the patients, they fail to get satisfactory results for Asthama, Autoimmune disease such as Thyroid, Diabetes, Lactose - intolerance etc.
2) Reversible - diseases - A little relief can be noticed initially for the patients suffering from GERD, Migraine etc, there does not seem to be the permanent cures for such diseases.
3) Diseases of critical nature- In the critical stage of any disease this system is not to be relied upon such as Dengue, Heart - attacks, Celebral - malaria etc. Under such condition immediate consultation of the specialists in the Allopathic - system would be required to arrest the detoriating conditions.
4) Nature of infection- In severe infections such as TB, HIV, Typhoid, Hepatitis of all the categories including A, B, C etc, we need to resort to Allopathic - system.
5) life threatening situations - In the event of meeting an accidents where immediate medical help is required for carrying out operation, Intravenous injection or infusion of blood to the patients, this system is not reliable.
6) Cancers - In the advanced stage of cancer, where surgery is the immediate answer, this system fails to deliver result.
If the disease is not serious in nature such as Skin - disease, Cough, Cold where the danger is not imminent, there is no harm in consultation of an Homeopath.