Ask Experts » Science and Technology » Technology »

How to print exactly the same part of multiple pages of a PDF file?

Date: 18 Jul 2016   Posted By: Gypsy     Group: Science and Technology    Category: Technology   

I regularly print multiple pages of PDF files. I am using Acrobat DC. A lot of matter (more than 70%) on those pages is useless for me. As a result, a lot of cartridge ink & paper is wasted for printing the useless part on a daily basis. Is there a way to print the desired part (at exactly the same spot) of the multiple pages of a PDF file? I am using Acrobat DC. Experts do provide guidance.

Wondering how to print specific pages of a pdf file? Find responses from experts on this page.

Author: Seema Shah    18 Jul 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: -1

At the onset: it is good to know that you are very much interested in reducing waste. Well cutting down 70% of unnecessary print would also reduce usage of paper (used for printing), save electricity, reduce carbon footprint (everyone across the globe is talking pout it), save on printer life.

According to me there is no direct method to do so since the option for print is for whole page, not part of the page.

If you have the need to print only limited material from a page, then the best option is to:
1. Go to Edit option on your top left side
2. Select Take a snapshot
3.Come to the specific area which you want to print
4. Crop the required area
5. Paste the same in a word document.
6. Repeat 1-5 for all pages one by one.
7. Now your word document is ready for print.

These efforts will definitely save a lot of paper. I have been doing the same when I had a similar issue. It is rightly said: no pain, no gain!

Hope this helps.

Author: Gypsy    18 Jul 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

Seema, I have to print around 200 pages on an average on a daily basis, so the method provided by you will consume a lot of time. Being a precious commodity, the time spent on doing what you have suggested will outweigh the savings I will be making.

In fact, the method provided by you is a lengthier process & is more time consuming. You suggested to copy paste the cropped matter to MS Word doc. There is no need for the copy-pasting the cropped matter to MS Word doc at all. The selected matter can be directly printed (without copy pasting the cropped matter to MS Word doc) from the Adobe PDF reader (version 6.0 and above) after taking the snapshot by using the print command in it.

Readers/experts are requested to provide a method to print exactly the same part of multiple pages of a PDF file in a single go.

Author: Seema Shah    19 Jul 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

I understand, 200 is a big number and my method is not suitable for that.
There is a need for some automation. Is it the same area on each page?

Author: Gypsy    19 Jul 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

Yes, the area which needs to be printed is the same & is at exactly the same place on each of the pages within one single PDF.

Author: Mahesh    19 Jul 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: -1

It's be better if you extract that single page before you print that same page in large quantity.

Use the PDF page extractor. And extract the page from the PDF document which you want to print on larger basis. You can use the following application to do that : Split PDF. You just have to mention which page you want to extract. And once that page is extracted you can print same copy of that page multiple times. This way you don't have to modify the print settings and manually go over the print queue. All you have to do is just extract document once and then during the print, mention the number of times you want that page to be printed. This works because you have reduced the labor it takes for extracting the content and you don't have to go through it over.

Split or extract that single page and your issue will be resolved and you can save a lot of time.

Mahesh, firstly, I need to print a part of the page & not the full page. Secondly, the area which needs to be printed is the same, but with a difference of just a few words or numbers. Of course, it can be done one-by-one, I am aware of that, but that way it will take a lot of time to print 200 pages & the exercise becomes futile.

What I need is a method to print exactly the same part of multiple pages of a PDF file in a single go.

Author: Mahesh    19 Jul 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

That I am afraid is not possible with the existing set of PDF print options. You have to edit the document and have to specifically create custom page the way you want it to print. Your requirement is custom which is not addressed under any printing option. So only choice you're left with editing the PDF document and customizing as per your needs.