You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: India Educational Consultants

    Question about language learning

    Whether or not to give examinations from Goethe Institute on German and Russian language? Test of Russian as a Foreign Language centers in Mumbai.

    Hi, I'm learning German and Russian from University of Mumbai, I have two question in my mind.
    My first question is, as I said above, I'm learning German language from university, so should I give exam separately from Goethe Institute for recognize my proficiency in German or university's certificate is enough????
    And my second question is there Test of Russian as a Foreign Language -TORFL centers available in Mumbai?
  • #137469
    The Test of Russian as a Foreign Language (TORFL) is administered in universities across Russia and Europe. The test can also be taken in the US by universities accredited to do so by the Russian government e.g. Duke University and Bowling Green State University. It appears that presently the TORFL is not conducted either at Mumbai or in any other city of the India. The author may study the website of the School of Russian and Asian Studies (SRAS) - or the Embassy of the Russian Federation in the Republic of India - for further information.
    Regarding German language, I think since the author is completing his German course from the University of Mumbai which is a reputed university of India, the course is likely to be recognized by all concerned. It will however depend on the specific requirement i.e. the purpose for which accreditation/recognition is being inquired which will have to be revealed for more precise answer.

    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

  • Sign In to post your comments