• Category: Beauty

How many minutes one should do headstand position ?

Searching for detailed information about headstand? Find advice from experts on this page.

Recently I have read articles that headstand is good for staying active daily and for having healthy brain. Also I read headstand does help providing blood nutrition to head and brain tissues. Right now I am keeping my pose of headstand for 40 seconds.
    How much time one should stay in headstand position so that you get maximum heath benefit?
    Also how much time one should not stay in headstand position for bad effect like dizziness?
    How many times in day we should do headstand?
    Experts: do advice.
  • #137518
    To begin with , the practitioner should stay in headstand position for 10 seconds and gradually add 5 to 10 seconds each/alternate day so as to reach a stage when he/she can hold position comfortably up to 3 minutes. The 3 minutes stay may be continued for weeks and after than gradually 5 to 10 seconds can be added to reach up to 5 minutes.
    It may however be noted that each individual is unique and the minimum or maximum holding time is likely to be different for each individual depending on his/her physical/medical profile.
    In certain conditions like back injury, headache, heart condition, high blood pressure, menstruation, neck injury, low blood pressure, pregnancy, glaucoma, detached retina, hiatal hernia, obesity, conjunctivitis, brain disease, brain injury etc. it is not advisable to practice headstand.
    Also this asana should be practiced under supervision of an experienced teacher or after accumulating sufficient prior training/experience only.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

• #141925
    There is no specific time mentioned. You can stand as long as you are comfortable. You should be able to breathe normally in the position