Ask Experts » Opinion About » Electronic Items »

Which company's laptop should I buy ?

Date: 20 Jul 2016   Posted By: MANISH CHOUDHARY     Group: Opinion About    Category: Electronic Items   

I want to buy a brand new laptop for myself. My budget is 45 to 50 thosand. So which company laptop should I prefer ? Please suggest some good models and also which operating systemn should I use: windows 7 or windows 8?
These are the company names:
1.Dell
2.HP
3.Acer
4.Lenovo
5.Asus

Which laptop to buy given budget constraints.

Author: Mahesh    21 Jul 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

I think brand selection is very hard to make choice of. You have to check the configurations within that price range. You have to also compare the product in offering. And based on that you have to make the decision for the product. Don't buy the product just by looking at the branding. You need to understand that most of the popular brand can have some odd products too.

At the price range of 45-50K you can take a look at the following options:-

1. 15'' display size
2. 4GB - 6GB RAM
3. 1TB HDD
4. Graphic Card
5. Windows 10

Here are some of the model suggestions for you to compare before making the purchase decisions.

1. Dell Inspirion 15 5558
2. HP 15 ab027TX
3. Lenovo Z5170
4. ASUS S551LB

You can find more models in the flipkart and Amazon section where you can filter as per the pricing and the specifications.

Author: Venkiteswaran.    21 Jul 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Any popular brand is okay. However most companies give warranty for only one year. That means they do not expect laptops to last longer in best conditions. So one need not go for very costly and complicated models. Companies go on changing models very fast. Many times practically it is difficult to get replacement parts on some special models. Service becomes a real problem especially after warranty period.
So my suggestion is to select a model based on one's major needs. It is better not to go for current popular operating system. If not interested in different applications and needs only for normal home /office functions Windows 7 is sufficient. Windows 8 may also be taken as many other facilities may be now available more in Windows 8 .
I have a recent bad experience on a laptop in our family. The laptop was windows 8 with touch display. It cost about 40k rupees. That was very charming attractive and useful and unique when released and we bought then. It functioned well for about 3 years. Now display is gone. The replacement is not available easily for the model. Even if so it appears to be half of original cost or the price of an ordinary assembled laptop or desktop. Non-touch display is reportedly not possible in that. That means if I don't get a replacement display at reasonable cost, I have to throw it as scrap.
Hence I suggest you need not go for complicated special models. You may select any of the popular, common models available . That can help you to get service and replacement easily in case of any problem later. Such models can be serviced by local sales and service centres also.

From the given list I would suggest HP.

Author: Ravi    21 Jul 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Though I am using Acer Aspire presently, but I would personally recommend you to go with HP Laptops. They are durable laptops with good looks. Also, the service of HP is available in most of the places of the country. So, better you go with HP Laptops.
I would recommend you to buy HP 15-p277tx having
  • 15.6-inch screen size

• Core i5-5200U

• RAM- 4GB

• Hard Disk Space - 1TB

• OS - Win 8.1

• 2GB Graphics

This laptop will cost you around 47k from retail stores.