|Author: Sheo Shankar Jha 21 Jul 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
Since your child is three years old and catches cold very often, you may try the following tips to alleviate the symptoms-
1) Honey- You may offer your child half tea- spoon of honey two times daily either allowing the child to lick the same or may be added in the milk so that he consumes the same. The honey is antifungal, antivirus and antibacterial in nature and hence even for the administration of honey for five to six days will cure him from cough and cold.
2) Offer enough fruits - Apples, Oranges, Grapes contain enough antioxidants apart from Vitamin- C and hence regular consumption of these Frits would enhance the immunity of the child thereby protecting him from cold.
3) Use of Probiotics - Probiotics contain abundant amount of good bacteria and as such the baby may be given curd in the day- time to take care of cold.
4) Almond - the almond contains benificial nutrients such as Potassium, Magneseim, Calcium, Vitamin C and A - all act in the strengthening of the immunity - symptom.
5) Tulasi - leaves - Take three to four Tulasi - leaves and throughly rinsing the same, add the leaves in 100 ml of water and the same is to be boiled till the volume is reduced to half. After cooling the same allow the baby to drink the same. The same may repeated twice in a day. The Tulasi contains eugenol - an antioxidant useful in strengthening the immunity ultimately taking care of cough and cold.
You may approach an Homoeopath so that cough and cold problems can be addressed without having side- effects.
|Author: Ramachandran Pattabiraman 22 Jul 2016 Member Level: Diamond Points : 1 (Rs 1) Voting Score: 0|
Using black tea with basil leaves, taking chyawanapras regularly, consuming buttermilk (during heavy cold) by slightly heated will highly helpful for improving body resistance to cold.