Govt. organisations, banks, housing finance companies etc. use the service of approved values for assessing and evaluation projects for taking business decisions.
You possess the basic minimum qualification and you are now in a relevant establishment to reach your goal.
Generally organisations like banks need the following eligibility requirements for empanelling valuers.
1. The person should have a graduation degree in Engineering in Civil engineering. Sometimes they may also take those with architecture, town planning or equivalent also.
2. An experience of 5 years in the field of valuation .
3. Those having membership in the following professional bodies wil have preference Institution of Valuers,Institution of Surveyors,Institution of Govt approved valuers,Indian Institution of valuers, center for valuation studies,research and training , Royal institution of Chartered surveyors,Americal society of appraisers,USA etc.
4. Completion of 6 months course in valuation(it may be compulsory or optional depending on experience in relevant field)
5. Diploma holders may need more experience.
For valuation of plant and machinery a post graduate degree in valuation
of plant & machinery from a recognised university maybe desired. The membership in a professional body and registration with Income Tax authorities may be mandatory.They should be thorough with the relevant industry and its assets..
Nowadays as credit institutions deal with SARSAESI recovery more, they need valuers to have registered with under section 34B of Wealth Tax.