Ask Experts » Career Guidance » Engineering Jobs »

Want to know about valuer's job

Date: 22 Jul 2016    Group: Career Guidance    Category: Engineering Jobs   

I have completed B.Tech Civil engineering this year and am working in a small firm. This firm does valuations. I want to make my career as a valuer.
How can I become a valuer?
What knowledge is required to become a valuer?
Awaiting suggestions.

Want a make a career in valuation? Searching for information about how to do so? On this page, check out advice from career experts.

Author: Venkiteswaran.    23 Jul 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Govt. organisations, banks, housing finance companies etc. use the service of approved values for assessing and evaluation projects for taking business decisions.
You possess the basic minimum qualification and you are now in a relevant establishment to reach your goal.
Generally organisations like banks need the following eligibility requirements for empanelling valuers.
1. The person should have a graduation degree in Engineering in Civil engineering. Sometimes they may also take those with architecture, town planning or equivalent also.
2. An experience of 5 years in the field of valuation .
3. Those having membership in the following professional bodies wil have preference Institution of Valuers,Institution of Surveyors,Institution of Govt approved valuers,Indian Institution of valuers, center for valuation studies,research and training , Royal institution of Chartered surveyors,Americal society of appraisers,USA etc.
4. Completion of 6 months course in valuation(it may be compulsory or optional depending on experience in relevant field)
5. Diploma holders may need more experience.
For valuation of plant and machinery a post graduate degree in valuation
of plant & machinery from a recognised university maybe desired. The membership in a professional body and registration with Income Tax authorities may be mandatory.They should be thorough with the relevant industry and its assets..
Nowadays as credit institutions deal with SARSAESI recovery more, they need valuers to have registered with under section 34B of Wealth Tax.

Author: Sonali    04 Aug 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Hello, There are many valuable jobs like if we talk about government jobs there are many government sector jobs like
1. IBPS: IBPS is basically a private organisation which constitute the banking sectors and RRB banks
>IBPS Clerk
2. SSC: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is an organisation controlled by Government of India for the purpose of recruiting staff for various posts in various Ministries and reputed Departments of the Government of India and in their Subordinate Offices.
3. RRB: Railway recruitment board

If we talked about private jobs there are many MNCS like
and many other.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.