Preventive health check up is essential to prevent from the health - issues to come up in the later stage. These include heart - complication, elevation of sugar - level, deterioration of eye - sights and thyroid - disorder etc.
1) A simple blood - test in the empty stomach can analyse the following abnormalities -
a) Fasting Blood Sugar - to ensure that blood - sugar is normal. The normal - range is between 70 and 100.
HB1AC - This test indicates to what extent the blood - sugar remains under control. If the number is equal to or less than 5.7, the sugar - level is under excellent - control.
2) liver - function test - there are a number of parameters such as SGOT, SGPT, Billrubin - content, Protiens - total etc to evaluate the liver - functioning.
3) Lipid - profile - This test would ensure how far the Cholesterol - level is being maintained. Normal - range is below 200. Triglycerides, too, is an important parameter for the evaluation of trans - fat, the normal number being less than 200.
4) Kidney - function Test - This test would evaluate how far the Kidney is functioning. Creatnine - value for male should be under 1.1 and for the ladies, it should be below 0.6.
5) Thyroid Profile - test - The normal value for TSH is within the range 0. 35 and 5.0 and values not fitting to the range would Indicate the disorder.
6) Blood - hemogram - This test would determine a number of parameters, the important being Hemoglobin, the healthy range of the same being 13 and 17.
7) ECG - This test is being carried out to ascertain the functioning of the hearts.
The tests indicated above are the basic tests to gauge the functioning of vital body - parts and apart from it. The patient should go in for Eye - test and Hearing - test.
The total cost would not go beyond 1500/- but on consultation to a government hospital, changes would be quite affordable. However the health - test should not be ignored and at least the same should be maintained yearly.