Ask Experts » Religion » Hinduism »

I saw Lord Ganesha in my dream, what is he trying to tell me?

Date: 22 Jul 2016   Posted By: Kayla     Group: Religion    Category: Hinduism   

Hello. I am not Hindu, nor are my parents. I have no formal Hindu education, but I have in my home images and statues of Shiva and Ganesha, the small figure of which I've had for a few years. Last night, while I slept, I felt aware of Ganesha being present, and I could see his form in many poses, but he did not speak. I am confused, what does this mean? How should I proceed?

Possessing images of Hindu Gods, Not a Hindu family, Saw Lord Ganesha in my dream in different poses.

Author: Kailash Kumar    23 Jul 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

According to Hindu beliefs, God Ganesha is worshipped as the God of success and destroyer of evils and obstacles. He is also worshipped as the God of education, knowledge, wisdom and wealth.
Generally people's faith and beliefs in such matters matter, otherwise there is no meaning of such dreams. You may feel positive that something good is about to happen and you will be able to make progress in your studies or will be able to overcome some obstacle.
All the best to you.

Author: Venkiteswaran.    23 Jul 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Dreams are manifestations of inner thoughts and worries. You may have some connection either as audio or a visual of Ganesh recently. You may be going for some new venture and you are worried about its successful completion. Somewhere inside your mind you may be having an idea that Ganesh is the god who can remove hurdles. This would have caused a dream or vision of Ganesh.

As you feel disturbed, for your satisfaction, just send some offerings to the nearest Ganesh temple or the Ganesh deity in a nearby temple through your Hindu friends. If that is not possible, you may give some eatables like fruits or coconut to an elephant in your area.

Believe that everything will be okay. Don't worry. Be confident. Continue to do your duties sincerely and continue to be a good human being having belief and faith in whatever religion or faith you already believe .

I feel you may be in Maharashtra. If so the Ganesh Chaturthi will be coming very soon and you can do whatever you want as offering to a nearby Ganesh.

Author: Krishna Teja Yeluripati    23 Jul 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Dreams continue our thoughts. So, you may be thinking about Lord Ganesha a lot and that led you to imagine/dream like this.

Speaking religiously, you are one of the luckiest persons alive. I mean, many people claim that they saw god in their dreams but most of them are hoaxes. If what you are saying is true, I suggest you to visit a Ganesha temple and offer something there (prefer prasadam to paise). This is a good indication and your future is going to be very good.

Speaking scientifically, you may be hallucinating due to stress etc,. So, try to reduce stress etc,. and take rest for sometime.

If you tell why there is a small figure of Ganesha with you for some years and why there are statues of Shiva and Ganesha in your house, I could give a better answer.

Hope this answer helps.

Author: gsadhiks    27 Jul 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

God doesn't appear in dreams looking at their cast, because cast creation and human beings are done by him only. simply we human beings only separate our selves by distinguishing.
As per your dream It may be a cycology because most of the time in sleep we repeat the same things that happens when we go to sleep. for eg if we watch a horror movie for long time we recollect the scenes. Same way in your case you must have watched or listened any devotional songs or movie which is related to lord ganesh. Thats why when you slept you felt the presence.
There is nothing to proceed, you can be normal and be good to everybody and help the needful.
Hope it helped you