• Category: Professional Courses

AICTE eligibility norms for HoD post in mechanical engineering

Completed B.E. Mechanical and M.tech in Civil, ursuing PhD in mechanical, Eligibility criteria to apply for HOD post in mechanical,

Sir I had done BE(hons) in mechanical. Engg from GEC and MTech in civil engineering from NIT, ,I am pursuing PhD from mechanical engg. Please tell me that I am eligible to apply for HOD post in mechanical engineering as per AICTE norms in government engineering college.
  • #138205
    Generally speaking, there is no post designated as a HOD as such in any educational institution. The recruitments are made at the level of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Professor and depending upon the size of the educational institution, generally, the senior most faculty member is designated as the HOD. Normally, in institutions of standard sizes a Professor level faculty member is designated as the HOD, though there may be instances when even an Associate Professor may be acting as the HOD.
    The eligibility criteria for selection to the post of the Assistant Professor is as follows as per UGC norms -
    1. Good academic record with at least 55% marks at the Master's Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
    2. The candidate should have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
    3. The candidates having a Ph.D. degree may be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET.
    4. NET/SLET/SET will not be required in the masters programs in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.