There are chances of abortions in the early stages if some precautions are not taken and hence the following tips would be useful -
1) Gestational diabetes - Some ladies are likely to develop temporary diabetes because of the pregnancy and hence to ensure the same Fasting Blood Sugar, HB1AC and other related tests are required to done along with the consultation of the specialist in order to avoid any likely complications.
2) High or Low Blood Pressure - In the initial stage of pregnancies, in some ladies fluctuation of Blood - pressure has been seen and hence to stabilise the same, you may need to have the consultation of the Doctor.
3) Computer - exposure - The Rays emanating from the Computers are detrimental to the foetus and even there is a chance of abortion and hence this aspect has to be considered seriously.
4) Medication- Special precaution is needed to be taken during pregnancy to avoid self medications since all the medicines are not safe during pregnancy stage and as such one has to follow the advice of the Doctor sincerely.
5) Consumption of Alcohol- If habituated with such addiction, there is a risk of miscarriage and hence one should refrain from taking Alcohol.
6) Mismatch of RH factor - There may be a mismatch of RH factor of the blood circulating over the foetus and that of mother and this test would be necessary in order to avoid the complication.
7) Cigarettes - Cigarettes are injurious to health at all stages and are responsible for the diseases such as Cardiovascular, Heart, Lungs, Liver etc in general but in case of pregnancy, there are chances of still - birth or low weight of the baby. Hence this aspect has to taken care of.
8) Caffeine - Excess coffee and tea should be avoided since such addiction may cause premature delivery.
There are other precautions to be taken such as periodical recording of weight, Thyroid - checking avoidance of lifting of heavy - weights etc in order to maintain the excellent health of both the mother and the foetus.