|Author: Venkiteswaran. 24 Jul 2016 Member Level: Diamond Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
The third trimester is an important stage in the pregnancy period. The body is making fast and final preparations for baby birth. The baby inside grows and would be nearing its full growth. So there is more need for nutrients that help bones and blood growth. Thus iron and calcium, vitamin C are needed. As the baby inside grows and tummy also grows more, energy needed also is more. So the mother needs to take some extra calories food. However there will be some discomforts also like constipation etc.
Hence the food or supplements should be aimed as an optimum considering all these. Those who would be under the monitor and care of doctor should always get proper suggestions and advice. One should not resort to any self medication or taking artificial food supplements without consulting doctor. One should eat more fruits, fibre rich foods. Low fat proteins may be taken.
Avoid heavy activities, air travel and long travel. Avoid sitting at a stretch , but stand and make short walks at intervals. Avoid any activity that can lead to a hit in your front. Take care when moving around especially in narrow spaces. Avoid raw and uncooked food items, stale items etc. Avoid over exposure to open weather. Reduce intake of coffee and tea.
If you feel that the baby has moved to a head down positon that is normal. Continue to take whatever medicines and vitamins doctor prescribed. Consult doctor if any abnormality is felt or pain.
|Author: Sheo Shankar Jha 25 Jul 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
The third trimester is an important period when the baby inside the womb would need various nutrients for its healthy growth. The following points would help the foetus in the nourishment.
1) Folic - acid - in the last stage of pregnancy, one should ensure that one is getting adequate amount of Folic - acid say 400 mcg at least daily. It would be safe to add this supplementation with the tablets available with the chemists.
2) Calcium - supplementation, too, would be essential for the strengthening of the bones of the baby inside the womb. Doses vary patient to patient and hence the doctor is the best authority to judge the quantum.
3) Iron - supplementation - Extra care is needed to maintain the healthy Homoglonobile - level in the blood in order to avoid weakness and to provide enough nutrient to the baby.
4) Vitamin -D - This vitamin helps in proper assimilation of Calcium essential for the bone growth of the baby. The doctor can decide the exact quantum of the dose.
5) Vitamin- C - This vitamin helps in fighting the external diseases and hence enough amount of citrus fruits such as Oranges, Grapes should be taken.
Some precautions are essential to avoid jerking while travelling in the buses and taxis and also the pregnant - ladies should avoid heavy - lifting of weights.