List of government film and television schools in India:
1. Film and Television Institute of India, Pune
2. Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute, Kolkata
2. Film Academy In Mumbai
3. Government Film and Television Institute, Bangalore
4. Dr.MGR Government Institute of Film and Technology, Chennai
5. Whistling Woods International, Mumbai
6. National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad
7. Biju Pattnaik Film and Television Institute of Orissa, Cuttack, Orissa
8. MdFa International Film Institute, Mumbai
Eligibility Criteria for Film courses are:
1. Bachelor's Degree for 3 year PG Diploma in Direction and Screenplay Writing or Cinematography or Editing or Acting or 1 year PG Certificate course in feature film screenplay writing.
2. Bachelors Degree (with Physics in 10+2) for PG Diploma in Sound Recording and Sound Design
3. Bachelors Degree in Architecture, or Fine Arts (Painting or Applied Arts or Sculpture or Interior Design) or equivalent for 3 year PG Diploma in Art Direction and Production Design
Eligibility Criteria for TV courses are:
1. Bachelors Degree for 1 year PG Certificate course in TV Direction or Electronic Cinematography or Video Editing.
2. Bachelors Degree (with Physics in 10+2) for 1 year PG Certificate course in Sound Recording and TV Engineering
Other Private Institutes offer this courses are:
1. AJK, Mass Communication Research Centre, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
2. Zee Institute of Media Arts (ZIMA)
3. Annapurna International School of Film and Media, Hyderabad
4. L.V. Prasad Film and Television Academy, Chennai
5. Institute of Creative Excellence, Mumbai
6. Indian Institute of Film Academy Indore M.P.
7. City Pulse Institute of Film & Television, Gandhinagar
8. Pailan Film & Television Institute, Kolkata
9. Digital Academy, Mumbai
10. Flash Frame Visuals Academy of Film & Television, Bangalore
11. Matrikas film school, New Delhi
12. Srishti School of Art Design and Technology, Bangalore
'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'