The advantages of retaining gold are manifold and a few salient features are noted below-
1) It retaines its sign for an appreciable time.
2) There is always appreciation of its price and hence the same is not affected by inflation.
3) High malleability and Ductility - This property may be utilised for its stretching to an unlimited limit.
4) It has got high resale value.
5) This metal contains high purity and for making ornament - purpose, a slight addition of Silver and Copper is required.
6) High life due to its resistance to react with Acid, Bases and Alkalies. Due to anti - corrosive in nature, it can withstand in any weather.
7) It has got its acceptance in the world wide. Even the gold - reserve is maintained by the Governments of different countries to maintain the value of currencies.
No, Gold is not found in free state.
For making jwelleries, Silver and Copper are added in varying proportions suiting to the pocket of the customers.