Ask Experts » Education » Professional Courses »

Usage of doing MTech in Banking job

Date: 26 Jul 2016    Group: Education    Category: Professional Courses   

I am preparing for Govt jobs in banking sector. Recently I gave an interview for the post of lecturer in a college for computer teacher. They asked for NET and Post graduation degree which I do not have. I have only B.Tech degree.
My parents are forcing me to do M.Tech just because they think it is required as qualification.
In my opinion if I am selected for the post of PO/SO in bank then I don't require to study MTech anywhere.
Neither its going to help me in any kind of promotion.
Can you provide expert advice from anyone who has worked in banking as an engineer or with something like this experience?

Confused about usage of MTech for a banking job? Find advice from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    27 Jul 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

In addition to the recruitment in clerks grade and probationary officers, the banks recruit speciality officers also. The duties of IT specialist officer is to oversee technological aspects of banking, both the software and hardware aspects.
Minimum qualification of such posts is a 4 year engineering/technology degree in computer science / computer applications / information technology / Electronics / Electronics and Communications / Electronics and Telecommunication / Electronic and Instrumentation etc.
or
Postgraduate degree in above fields
or
Graduate having passed a DOEACC 'B' level.
An IT officer is a senior manager role in the present e-banking era.

Author: Venkiteswaran.    27 Jul 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

M.Tech qualification has its own benefits. With just B.Tech, you may get temporary guest lecture jobs. If your aim is only a bank PO job, then there is no necessity to waste two more years and money. But after M.Tech there can be more relevant filed jobs also.

Above all you should have the aptitude to go for further education and the focus and effort to pas successfully. Hence take a considered decision.

Author: Mahesh    28 Jul 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

You have to find what's your priority for the future. If you want to get financially set as early as possible. In such case you have to find out if you benefit with bank IT job or you have better future with MTECH. You can get placed in bank IT positions with your technical qualification. I'd suggest starting with bank PO exam preparation. The reason being the work that Mtech may or may not benefit but bank job can get you settled. You should definitely prepare for the bank jobs. Also in parallel do give the campus interviews and even off campus interviews. This will help you to get financially settled job as early as possible.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    28 Jul 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

In order to take up a job in Bank, you need to clear the written coupled with the oral test. This calls for your thorough preparation for the written test contains portion from General Knowledge, Current - affairs and your Mathematical ability and lastly the oral interview to assess your personality and your representation - skill.
Upon your joining in the Banks, an MBA degree pertaining to Finance may raise your further prospects of promotion.
In case of joining your Lecturership, you have to acquire the M.Tech degree by clearing the GATE with a high percentile so that you secure a seat in a distinguished Institution like IIT or some regional colleges. By going through the NET rout, you would be able to land into the job of Lecturership in a constituent college.

Author: [Anonymous]    28 Jul 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Higher education cannot be a waste in any case. You just need to think about your ultimate aim in life. If it is to get good with good progress, you may go ahead with your higher studies.

Because if you have done B.tech. , as per my knowledge, you were not targeting for a bank job. For a PO bank job, a 3 year bachelor degree is sufficient and you have spent your good 4 years in a technical field which should be used in future.
If you will M.Tech, you will definitely get a good job in your own field which will give you a feel of satisfaction.
No doubt that even after B.Tech, you may get a job in your line but to have better opportunities, post graduation must be considered.