Ask Experts » Career Guidance » Other Jobs »

PCS J preparation and eligibility criteria

Date: 28 Jul 2016    Group: Career Guidance    Category: Other Jobs   

I am a fifth-year student of B.A-LL.B and want to prepare for PCS J. Does college marks matter a lot if I will prepare for PCS J? I have only 50% score. Can you tell me whether this will create problem for me in future if I will prepare for PCS J?
Experts: do respond.

Planning to prepare for PCS J? Looking out for information about how to do so? On this page, you will get responses to all your queries on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    29 Jul 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

The PCS examination is conducted by the State Public Service Commissions e.g. in Uttar Pradesh it is conducted by the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC). The selection of the eligible candidates is done through the preliminary examination, main examination, and personal interview test.

The education criteria is a graduation degree in law or an advocate enrolled under the provisions of the Advocate Act 1961 and must possess thorough Knowledge of Hindi in Devanagari script, (the author may check the language requirement which is applicable in his state).

The age limit is minimum 22 year and maximum 35 years.