Ask Experts » Science and Technology » Science »

Missing fourth semester of microbiology

Date: 04 Aug 2016   Posted By: mohd shahid     Group: Science and Technology    Category: Science   

My sister is pursuing M.SC microbiology from D G college in kanpur. Unfortunately she missed fourth semester exam. How can she take her exam?
She missed the exam because the results of third semester had been announced very late and with some errors in results. So it took some more time to get the same corrected. When the problem has been resolved it was too late to take exam. How she can complete her final semester.
Experts: do respond.

Worried what to do if you have missed semester in studies? Find advice from experts on this page.

Author: Mahesh    06 Aug 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

When there is an issue with the 3rd semester and if student fails to take the 4th semester then she is allowed to give the exam in next seasons semester. That way the issue doesn't occur for the student for losing entire year. Also for single students university may not conduct the exam for the same season. As this is post graduate degree so she should be able to give the exam for the October or November;s exam. You just have to verify this with the university or the college with which she's enrolled up with.

Author: Avi    08 Aug 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

University does allow to attempt failed subject in next semester to clear it. This is rule in all universities. It is unfortunate that she missed to give exam. Irrespective of subjects failed or results awaiting, students are allowed to attempt next semester exam.

But if you have backlog in any semester then you been not allowed to go in next year until you clear or pass it or in 3rd semester if it falls in new year. Make sure to keep eye on college notice board for all notification of university. Notification contains all details of eligible students for exam. Accordingly you can pay the exam fees and attempt exam. Please get in touch with college office for more details.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Read related posts: Biology    

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    Online Members

    Babu saroj
    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.