Adjustment of HSC percentage during college admissions

Having a query about HSC percentage required for college admissions? Find advice from experts on this page.

Do state board results get adjusted during admission to undergraduate colleges in India because HSC is harder than CBSE and ICSE? I am in Maharashtra HSC board- humanities. Will my percentage be viewed at the same level as students from other boards?
  • #137887
    As far as I know such adjustments are not made for taking admission decisions in undergraduate classes. However, the author will have to fulfill all the eligibility criteria set by the respective colleges. In case admission is made through a competitive examination, then only the minimum percentage set as the eligibility criteria has to be fulfilled. Generally, colleges ask for passing the 10+2 course with the set minimum percentage of marks from any recognized board of India. There may be other factors like the reservation of seats, domicile status and such other factors specific to the particular college and course.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.