|Author: Mahesh 09 Aug 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
There are plenty of benefits of the 1 cup of tea consumption.
1. Tea contains anti oxidants. And this is good for those who are suffering with anxiety and sadness or depression.
2. Tea has less caffeine compared to the coffee. And this is good for the health.
3. Tea can be helpful for reducing the heart stroke and other heart related issues.
4. Herbal tea usually helps the digestion process.
5. Herbal tea if used can help reduce weight too. Regular tea leaves however may not help contribute on that.
6. Tea on regular basis helps the immune system.
7. Tea also helps nervous system and helps set a mood. It can be good for the refreshment as well.
These are some of the known and the common benefits. However do note that tea has to be consumed just once to avoid from some of the side effects of it. Because too much consumption of the tea may not be healthy for the person.
|Author: Timmappa Kamat 09 Aug 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
Some better effects of tea -
1. It ha anti oxidant properties. The anti oxidants are known to have anti cancer effects.
2. Tea has a specific anti oxidant named EGCG. It is known to have weight loss and fat burning properties.
3. Tea contains high amount of vitamin C, D and K.
4. Your body gets a good deal of minerals in the form of calcium, magnesium, iron and zinc.
5. Drinking a moderate dosage of tea reduces the chances of Parkinson's disease.
6. Tea reduces LDL cholesterol or bad cholesterol and triglycerides. This helps you you avoid cardiovascular complications.
|Author: Sheo Shankar Jha 10 Aug 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Some beneficial effects of tea are listed below-
1) Tea contains flavonoids - rich in catechins and EGCG. These constituents help us in reducing the stress - level.
2) It can take care of healthy functioning of our heart.
3) The lipid profile can be maintained in normal condition especially the Cholesterol - level.
4) Tea can enhance the dialation of the blood - vessel resulting in reduced risk of high blood - pressure.
5) It takes care of free radicals and can protect us from oxidative stress.
6) Tea helps us from the prevention from Prostate- cancer.
7) It can resist to microbial - infection.
8) It can arrest the formation of Kidney - stone.
However, care should be taken not to over dose the same since this may lead to chest - burn and indigestion on its excess use.
|Author: Jith 10 Aug 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
Tea is one of the most popular beverage in the world. Tea is indeed rich in antioxidants and has an array of health benefits. It increases body's metabolism and helps us to loose weight. However if one feels like utilizing all the benefits of a healthy cup of tea, then it is always better to drink unsweetened black tea or green tea just brewed with water. As the calories in such a tea is just 2 to 2.5 calories per cup, which is a negligible value. But the tanins in the tea also make it bitter in taste and several people dislike the bitterness hence add milk and sugar to make it more appealing to their taste buds.
However consuming a cup of tea with milk and sugar is not a good idea. Though the milk may add in some calcium and vitamins it also adds fat content to the tea, which also increases the calorific value of the tea. The lactose in the milk, which is a carbohydrate, also adds the calorific value further more. The calcium in the milk may adversely affect the tannins in the tea, making them less effective. Sugar on the other hand causes further problems on its own, a teaspoon of sugar contains about 15-16 calories. Therefore the total calories in the tea is increased to 25 - 30 calories per cup from 2-2.5 calories per cup, with the addition of milk and sugar. Now that is a huge difference and drinking such a tea more than two times a day is certainly not good for health.
It is also important to buy a good brand of tea as cheap brands may be made adulterated with waste from tea packing industries and may also contain artificial taste enhancers and illegal colours, which are harmful to the body. it is also better to avoid pre mixes and ready to drink, packed teas, as they may be loaded with sugar and other chemicals.