|Author: Timmappa Kamat 09 Aug 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
Staff Selection Commission or SSC as it is widely known as, is an organisation that is involved in conducting examinations and interviews for the appointment of staff in different ministries under the Government of India and various subordinate offices under the Government.
The Staff Selection Commission is headquartered in New Delhi. It has regional offices in Allahabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, Guwahati, Chennai and Bangalore.
The functions of SSC
1. To make appointments to all group B and non specialised group C posts.
2. To conduct examinations and/or interviews for the positions that fall under its purview.
3. The specific responsibilities include appointment of LDCs ( Lower Divisional Clerks) in various ministries, Grade C and D Stenographers in Foreign service or Railway Board.
4. Assistants in different ministries are appointed by the SSC
5. The commission also conducts Typewriting tests in English and Hindi ( I am not sure the practice is still followed)
|Author: Partha Kansabanik 09 Aug 2016 Member Level: Diamond Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is the recruitment agency for the Central Government responsible for filling up of the vacancies at lower-level and middle-level (non-Gazetted) in Central Government Ministries and Sub-ordinate/Attached Offices (excluding Regional Railways). It also conducts departmental examinations for lower-level Ministerial posts and stenography/typing/computer proficiency tests. The headquarter of SSC is located at New Delhi and the regional headquarters are at Allahabad (NR), Kolkata (ER), Guahati (NER), Mumbai (WR), Chennai (SR) and Bengaluru (Karnataka-Kerala Region).
Although the conduct of examinations depend upon the vacancies available, it is seen that the major examinations of SSC like Combined Matric Level Examination and Combined Graduate Level Examination are held every year.
|Author: Sheo Shankar Jha 09 Aug 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
Staff - selection Commissin, popularly known as SSC is an independent body involved in conducting examinations and interviews for the various staffs under different ministries in the Central - government.
The head quarter is lying in New- Delhi and the regional offices are located in Bengaluru. Allahabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, Guahati and Chennai.
The main functions of SSC are as follow-
1) To conduct examinations of various categories of staffs in different departments of central -government.
2) Recuitments of Assistants in different section of ministries.
3) To conduct Stenography - examination and also to conduct Type - writing tests.
4) Recruitment of LDC in different sections in the central - government.
|Author: Sonali 11 Aug 2016 Member Level: Bronze Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
Staff selection is a central government organisation. They recruit job seekers for the various department and ministries of government of India.
Role of SSC:
Specifically, to hold Open Competitive Examinations for selection to the posts of:
1. lower Division clerk in different ministry
2. Grade c and grade d stenographers
3. Assistants in the different Ministries/Departments
4. Divisional Accountants, Auditors and Accountants under the Office of Comptroller
or there are many role for the SSC.
The commission conduct time to time English and Hindi typing test.
They conduct two exam
1. SSC CGL
2. SSC CHSL (10+2)
According to the latest news released by staff selection commission is that, SSC CHSL paper pattern is changed. now exam will be hold in two phase.