• Category: Professional Courses

Is it necessary to attend classes for IGNOU BCA course?

Going to pursue IGNOU BCA course via distance mode? Find out if you also need to attend weekend classes regularly to complete the course.

I want to join BCA of IGNOU, but I don't know if I need to attend classes, like Sunday and Saturday classes. Can I do it fully distantly? I have a job and I can't attend classes. That is what is worrying me. Can anyone help me on this?
  • #138034
    The eligibility criteria for BCA program offered by IGNOU is 10+2 and the minimum and maximum duration of the course is 3 years and 6 years respectively. There is no minimum or maximum age bar.
    The students can contact - Student Support Centre Ph. 011-29572513 or email: ssc@ignou.ac.in for admission related information.

IGNOU follows credit system for all programs. Each credit is equivalent to 30 hours of study. Study comprises learning activities like reading and comprehending the printed material, watching video, listening to audio, attending counseling sessions, teleconference and writing assignment responses. Thus a 4 credit course involves total 120 hours of study. Completion of an academic program like a degree, diploma or certificate course requires the student to complete all assignments, practicals, project work and examination at the end of term in respect of each course of the program.
    Library and multimedia facility (recorded audio/ video lectures, etc.) at the Regional Center/ Study Center can be used by the students residing in the same city.

The eGyanKosh (http://www.egyankosh.ac.in) of IGNOU is one of the world's largest repositories of educational resources in higher education. It is made available for the students, teachers and public at large, free of cost which can be accessed through Login ID and Password created by the user at the initial login.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

• #138050
    The degree course provided by the BCA consists of two parts - the theory part and the practical one. Since it would be difficult to carry out practicals without any proper guidance, your presence in all these practical seminars would enable you to clarify your doubt in relation to practicals. Also carrying out practicals independently would boost up your confidence - level.
    You are supposed to complete the assignments given by the study - centre so that you are eligible for the ensuing examination.
    So for your own interest, you must attend these classes. In fact, theses classes serve as the plateforms to wipe out your confusion and understanding the basics of the subjects. In my opinion, such classes must be attended by the aspirants without fail.

• #138412
    In most of the places the IGNOU study centres are in schools and colleges. The classes are held in weekend days that is saturday and sunday. You must attend this classes because both theory and practical classes are essential for BCA level.
    When you are free or in rest , at that time you should attend the class. Consult to your BCA teacher for your study.