|Author: Kailash Kumar 12 Aug 2016 Member Level: Platinum Points : 8 (Rs 8) Voting Score: 0|
The following are some general tips regarding the meal plan of diabetic persons -
1. Reduce the intake of salt. Vegetables provide enough salt to the body.
2. Sugar provides nothing but calories and carbohydrates. Direct sugar intake should be totally stopped. If absolutely required then instead of sugar, natural products like honey or jaggery (gur) etc. may be taken.
3. Exclude fried items from the diet to avoid excessive fat intake.
4. The non-vegetarians should stop the intake of red meat completely. Also, the consumption of eggs and poultry should be reduced. Lean fish can be eaten two to three times a week.
5. Switch to low-fat milk and its products like yogurt (curd).
6. Avoid taking more than two cups of the conventional tea or decaffeinated coffee in a day.
7. White flour and its products may be replaced with whole grains, whole wheat or soya bread and unpolished rice.
8. Avoid white rice, potatoes, carrots, breads and banana which spike the blood sugar levels.
Increase intake of -
1. Bitter gourd (karela), which contains a high dosage of 'plant insulin'. It may be taken in the form of vegetable, salad, juice or powdered seeds of karela.
2. Soak a teaspoonful fenugreek seeds overnight and take with a glass of water daily. It can be taken as chutney, in the sprouted form or dried and powdered or may be mixed in wheat flour to make chapattis.
The other recommended food items are Indian blackberry (jamun), garlic, onion, flaxseed, cinnamon solution and the food items containing soluble fibre e.g. apples, kidney beans, oatmeal, soybean, etc,
|Author: Timmappa Kamat 13 Aug 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 5 (Rs 5) Voting Score: 0|
The best dietary plan as per the suggestions provided by some top rated diabetologists indicates the following -
1. The ration of carbohydrates, fats and proteins should be 60:20:20.
2. Calorie intake per day should be around 1500 to 1800 calories with the above proportions.
3. A diabetic patient's diet should contain at least two fruits and three vegetables.
4. Methi seeds soaked overnight in water is found to be effective in controlling diabetes.
5. Tomato juice mixed with salt and pepper every morning on an empty stomach can be helpful.
6. Milk can be a good balanced diet for controlling sugar levels in the body.
7. High fibre vegetables such as peas, beans, broccoli and spinach /leafy vegetables can be used in your diet.
Instead of having two full meals, consider frequent smaller meals spread over the day. It is strongly adviced to use a five meals a day pattern. You can also have smaller intermediate snacks like cookies, butter milk, yogurt etc.
|Author: Sheo Shankar Jha 13 Aug 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 5 (Rs 5) Voting Score: 0|
The following dietary plan would help the diabetics to control their blood - sugar level-
1) They should include maximum amount of green vegetables such as spinach, broccoli, bitter - gourd etc in their food - preparation.
2) Consumption of Protiens such as white portion of eggs, curd of low fat will be helpful.
3) During night time, prior to retirement to bed, a glass of milk containing approx 2 GM of Turmeric - powder is to be taken daily to improve insulin sensitivity. Cucurmin present in the Turmeric acts in the control sugar - level.
4) Fruits like Guava, Apples Black - berries etc should be included. However Mangoes, Bananas, Grape - fruits should be restricted to minimum.
5) Inclusion of some amount of dried fruits such as Walnuts, Almond would provide them Omega - fatty acid and other essential nutrients apart from reduction of Blood - sugar level.
6) Green - tea containing some amount of Cinamom - powder ( approx
2 GM ) along with the tea would control the sugar level.
7) Garlic and Onion are vey benificial in reduction of Blood - sugar. Hence they should be include in in the food in raw form. Salads of Tomatoes and Onion sprinkled with a minute quantity of Black - pepper in it would be helpful for diabetics.
Instead of white - rice, they may resort to Brown - rice and the atta should be mixed with powdered horse- gram for better insulin - sensitivity.Brisk - walking for thirty minutes daily should be included.
|Author: Mahesh 15 Aug 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
In order for the dietary plan to be given one needs to find out the type of diabetes. Is it type 1 or Type 2? The type decides what things need to be done for the diabetes. Unless you find that plan out you should try to avoid following any specific internet given diet plan.
However here are few things that you can do irrespective of the type of diabetes you have.
1. Take milk without any sugar in it. This may sound odd but warm milk if you drink with some diabetic friendly biscuits can give you some good taste.
2. Increase High fiber product in your diet. Make sure the High fiber products don't have additional sugar while in preparation.
3. Take watermelon, apple, guava and orange in your fruit salad or consume their juice.
4. Take bitter gourd juice every alternate morning. You can also take bitter gourd chips.
5. Eat flax seed grounded 1 teaspoon every morning.
6. Exclude salty products and oily food. This will help the health and keep your insulin levels in tact.
7. Afternoon tea should be replaced with the green tea.
These are some of the things that you can try to add into your diet to help yourself.