Is there any Bridge/Special Hons. course after completing B.Sc general in West Bengal, India ?

Eager to pursue a special Honors course in West Bengal after B.Sc.? Know from experts where such a course is offered and draw out your future career path.

Is there any bridge course/Special Hons(Maths) course offered in West Bengal (distance/regular) or any other Indian University (distance) after completing B.Sc general (10+2+3)system with Maths,Economics,Political Science? If yes, where it is offered? Is there any marks or age bar? What is the eligibility criteria?

I have always loved Maths but chose the wrong academic stream and also for some personal problems it has been a long gap after BSc. I want to be an online Maths tutor and also want to appear in WB SSC TET. Should I do again a B.Sc (Maths Hons/major), then M.Sc or only M.Sc. (Maths) to save time
    in distance/regular mode?

If only M.Sc, then can I appear for TET for Maths (as I had Economics Hons but it cancelled in the 3rd year Part II, aggregate marks was about 41%, I studied Maths of 300 marks)?
    What is the eligibility to appear for West Bengal SSC TET for Maths and what is the marks requirement?

I am ready to work hard but it will be great if the planning of courses be such that it saves time as it is a long gap after B.Sc. Besides, I want to add value to my CV. Please suggest University(distance/regular) of repute & importance.
  • #139825
    Bridge course in Mathematics is available in University of North Bengal and University of Burdwan (Directorate of Distance Education) for students who did not take Honours course. The eligibility conition for amission in Bridge course in the University of North Bengal is as under:-
    " Any graduate in the B.A./ B.Sc. (pass) (10+2+2 Pattern) from any recognized University is eligible for enrolment to this course provided that anyone of the subjects mentioned below must have been studied in the graduation level as an elective subject. Subjects: Bengali,English, Nepali, Political Science, History, Philosophy & Mathematics.
    B.A./ B.Sc. (Honours) graduates (10+2+3 pattern/ equivalent) who have not studied any of those subjects as an elective subject in the third year but only in previous years are also eligible for enrolment. Duration of the
    course is one year. A candidate securing at least 34% marks shall be eligible for enrolment at the Post-Graduate Part – I on that subject under Distance Education mode."
    The eligibility conition for amission in the Bridge course of University of Burwan is almost similar.

In addition to above, you can also take admission directly in M.Sc.(Mathematics) under Directorate of Distance Education of various Universities within and outside West Bengal. Please check the websites of: University of Calcutta, University of Burdwan, University of North Bengal, IGNOU, Himachal Praesh University, Annamalai University (to name a few).