|Author: Kailash Kumar 17 Aug 2016 Member Level: Platinum Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
The eligibility criteria for selection to the post of the Assistant Professor is as follows as per UGC norms -
1. Good academic record with at least 55% marks at the Master's Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
2. The candidate should have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
3. The candidates having a Ph.D. degree may be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET.
4. NET/SLET/SET will not be required in the masters programs in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted.
|Author: Partha Kansabanik 17 Aug 2016 Member Level: Diamond Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
I have read your question. First check whether the Executive MBA degree obtained by you (of 1 year duration) from IIMC is recognised by UGC, or not. If your MBA is recognised by the UGC (I have serious doubt in this regard!), you have to appear in NET/SLET (in case of General category, 55% is the eligibility for NET/SLET) and qualify the test. Only then you can apply for the position of Lectureship or Assistant Professorship.
|Author: Sheo Shankar Jha 17 Aug 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Since you have acquired the executive degree programme of MBA, the duration of which is one year, it would be better on your part to make an enquiry whether the same is recognised through UGC or not.
In case, you are interested for Lecturership or for the post of an associate professor, you need to have the following criterias-
1) You must have a masters degree with at least high second class. ( minimum 55 percent aggregate)
2) You should have cleared the NET test being conducted by CBSE on behalf of UGC.
3) In case, you have acquired a Ph.D degree, you will be exempted from the NET test as stated above.
4) You will be preferred provided you do have the teaching experience in a college for a minimum period of three years.
|Author: Sonali 24 Aug 2016 Member Level: Bronze Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
For General Category Candidates – 55% aggregate in Master's Degree or Equivalent Degree
For ST/SC/OBC/ PWD Candidates – 50% aggregate in Master's Degree
Step-by-step guide to reach the goal-
Step 1= You should opt for a stream of your choice (science, commerce or arts) in Class 12th
Step 2= After completing Class 12th, you should opt for the bachelor degree. It is important that you clear graduation with good percentages
Step 3= You should apply for the postgraduate program and score at least 55%, since it is the minimum eligibility to appear for the NET (National Eligibility Test)-the qualifying examination for teaching in a college
Step 4= Either you can sit for the NET exam or can apply for doing research work in your university. M.Phil & PhD degrees are required for doing teaching in a college.
Apply for net exam, you must know UGC NET Books so that you can start your preparation.
All the best
|Author: NK SHARMA 25 Aug 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 1 (Rs 1) Voting Score: 0|
First you check up whether your executive MBA is valid for sitting in NET exam. if yes prepare for NET. How to prepare for NET, read my article on India study channel. it is in submission mode,not publish yet.After passing NET you will be eligible for assistant professor and doing M Phil and PhD.
N K SHARMA
'Education is a lifelong process, keep on learning new things'