There are many types of nursing courses available in India. Some of the examples are as follows -
1. Auxiliary Nurse & Midwife course- (2 years)
2. General Nursing & Midwifery course - (3 and 1/2 years)
3. B. Sc (Basic) - 4 years
4. B.Sc (Post Basic) - (Regular - years, Distance - 3 years)
5. M. Sc. (Nursing) - 2 years
6. M. Phil (Nursing) - (1 year -full-time, 2 years part-time)
7. Ph. D. (Nursing) - (3-5 years)
The eligibility criteria for ANM course is minimum age 17 years, maximum age 35 years, the minimum educational requirements is 10 + 2 and the student shall be medically fit.
Generally, entrance examinations are conducted by the various institutions offering such courses.