|Author: Kailash Kumar 19 Aug 2016 Member Level: Platinum Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
The nature of duties of the quality control engineer in the civil engineering field primarily includes following -
1. Monitoring and administering the QA/QC plan or program of the employer company.
2. Ensuring that the materials on construction projects are in compliance with the plans and specifications.
3. Ensuring the quality of materials, processes, and workmanship in the project work.
4. Carry out /supervise quality control tests/checks etc.
5. Maintaining standards of safety in compliance with the Company's Health, Safety and Environment Management System requirements.
Thus it is very important to be fully aware of the relevant standards, codes and specifications. The author should develop a habit of studying on a regular basis so as to keep himself abreast with the latest developments in the related field. If possible, some standard periodicals/journals from the concerned professional bodies should also be subscribed to.
|Author: Reena Upadhya 20 Aug 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 5 (Rs 5) Voting Score: 0|
Since you are on road project, safety and quality control both are important aspects and thus both are matter of concern for you as it is your job to carefully look into it and deliver the best by checking the flaws. Defects or impaired quality cannot be afforded at any cost as far as safety is concerned. One cannot afford injuries or fatalities due to such flaws.
To become a good quality control engineer you need to keep these things in mind and achieve best of all so that you can out stand others:-
1) You have to take your job seriously and see that it is done right at very first time itself.
2)Minor errors can be corrected. However, do not allow major accidents on your project.
3) You should be good in deciding material specifications and should be able to configure components accurately.
4) Your ability to insure conformance to the designs and efficient planning should be improved.
5) Appropriate decision making is very essential. Sometimes you need to redesign keeping in mind all the attendant objectives.
6) You should be good in detailing quality requirements as all the parties should be able to understand it well.
7) Your goal should be total quality control instead of conventional acceptable quality level.
8) You should have an up-to-date knowledge. Also, knowledge should be adequate and complete.
9) You should be good in analyzing and have complete information that is essential for quality control projects.