Ask Experts » Career Guidance » Other Jobs »

Confused between B Arch and B Sc -Travel and Tourism

Date: 20 Aug 2016   Posted By: geethamadhurya     Group: Career Guidance    Category: Other Jobs   

I have completed 12th and want to live my life with full of joy. I also would like to travel and visit many places. I am confused in between B.arch and B Sc in selecting my career. Do clarify:
1. job security.
2. gender
3. scope
4. salary

Worried which is better among B Arch and B SC Travel and Tourism? Find career related advice from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    22 Aug 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Since the author has expressed his interest in traveling and visiting places, he should opt for a course in the field of travel and tourism.

The B.Arch course is a five years professional degree program which covers studies of subjects like architecture, landscape, interior design, civil engineering, building construction and urban and industrial planning etc.

Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management (IITTM) offers BBA (Tourism & Travel) program at its Gwalior, NOIDA, Bhuabneswar and Nellore centers for which 10+2 with 50% marks (45% for SC and ST) is the eligibility criteria. MBA (Tourism) program is also offered at for which a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent with 50% marks (45% for SC and ST) is required.

A number of diploma courses like Foundation in Travel and Tourism Diploma, Managing the Travel Business Diploma, Travel and Tourism Consultant Diploma and Travel Sales and Operations Diploma etc. are offered by The International Air Transport Association (IATA) also.

There are many other courses offered by different Government and private institution.

Read related posts: Tourism