• Category: Professional Courses

Higher studies after DNHE

I have done my XII with commerce and graduation with BA Hons and Iam 35years old. Two years ago I finished DNHE from ignou and DDHN from VLCC simultaneously. I worked in a pvt company and now have my own clinic for past 1 year.
    I now want to study further in dietetics. But can't find any pg diploma course (online/distance learning) as I'm not eligible since I don't have a science background.
    Please suggest what can I study further in this field.
  • #138199
    Madam, why don't you ask this question in 'Ask Expert' section for getting appropriate responses from experts? I request the Editors to shift the thread to 'Ask Expert' section.

• #138200
    This thread is being shifted to the Ask Expert section.
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

• #138204
    The DNHE course offered by IGNOU and the and the DDHN course offered by VLCC are basic courses and therefore 10+2 level education is the eligibility criteria for admission in such courses.

However, for pursuing higher courses like PG diploma or above like M.Sc. for Ph.D. in the fields of dietetics and nutrition etc. , a science background is required e.g. for pursuing the one year 'Post Graduate Diploma in Dietetics and Public Health Nutrition' course offered by the Lady Irwin College, New Delhi, the minimum eligibility criteria is B.Sc. in home science/microbiology/biochemistry or B.Sc. (Nursing) or B.Sc. Food Technology or MBBS degree.

Since even for completing B.Sc. at this stage requires 10+2 with science subjects, it may perhaps be better for the author to not to plan for higher studies in the field of dietetics and nutrition and do hard work in her existing career for making further progress. She may opt for PG courses in other fields in which a science background is not compulsory.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.