Ask Experts » Computers » Programming »

What are current IT standards and latest technologies?

Date: 23 Aug 2016   Posted By: Anupam Shrivastava     Group: Computers    Category: Programming   

Hello there, I am Anupam Shrivastava. I am in the final year of MCA and companies have started conducting recruitment drives in my college so I need to know what are the current IT standards and technologies? Because company may ask such questions during my Technical phase. I know about cloud computing as well as QT but can you also tell me about new programming languages that are being used in the companies and technology on which IT companies work?

Can you also tell me what are the current requirements of IT companies from an MCA student?

Experts: do advice.

Preparing for placement in IT company? Wondering about the latest IT standards and technologies? On this Ask Expert page, you will get all the answers you are looking for.

Author: Seema Shah    24 Aug 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Expectations from IT companies during placement drive:
1. Technologies:
IoT- Internet of Things, Cloud computing, Virtualization, Software Quality, Security, Pervasive computing, Web 3.0 and Web 4.0, Big Data and Analytics,

2. Academics: strong foundation, hands on programming skills

3. Personality traits: Positive attitude, self motivation, initiative, humility, confidence, clarity of thought, crisp and concise articulation, independent thinking, commitment, dedication, ethics,

4. Soft skills: communication, interpersonal skills, team work, result and deadline orientation

5. Managerial skills: time management, mentoring and volunteering, winning habit, quality consciousness

6. Co curriculars: participation and awards and prizes in atleast a few activities like events of professional bodies- CSI, IEEE, ACM

7. Extra curriculars: participation and awards and prizes in at least a few activities like dancing, singing, music, elocution, dramatics and so on

Hope this clarifies your doubts.