You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Indian Law

    Changing caste certificate from BC-C to SC

    Wondering if changing caste certificate from BC-C to SC will affect your job prospects? Find out if this is indeed so and what other steps or documents you may need for this change.

    I am from Andhra Pradesh.

    I finished PG(MSW) and in all my education certificates my caste was mentioned (B.CC). Actually we are SC (Mala) when I was joined 1st class the school master mentioned my caste as (BC-C). My parents are not educated, we too not aware of caste certificate at that time. But the point is my father and mother are belonging to SC means they have their SC caste certificates. Recently I have applied for caste certificate for SC I have attached my father's caste certificate along with my application. Then I got SC caste certificate. But in my TC and education records caste was mentioned as (BC-C) so can I apply for Govt jobs with this? If I can, is this certificate is enough? Any other documents I need to have? Please give me some advice.
  • #138270
    The following authorities are competent to issue a caste certificate -
    District Magistrate/ Addl. Distt. Magistrate/ Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/ Addl. Dy. Commissioner/ Dy. Collector/ First Class Stipendary Magistrate/Sub- Division Magistrate / Taluka Magistrate/ Executive Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Commissioner/ Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/Presidency Magistrate/ Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar/ Sub Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/ or his/ her family normally resides.

    Only the caste certificate is referred for determining the caste instead of any other certificate like TC or educational records etc.

    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

  • Sign In to post your comments