|Author: Kailash Kumar 24 Aug 2016 Member Level: Platinum Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Debates require sincere and thorough preparation. The topic mentioned by the author requires a thorough study on the subject as to what are the various available options for the elderly persons nowadays and what are the reasons and alternative of the same. Carrying out googling is likely to yield a lot of relevant information. The points to be studied may include following -
1. Changes in social systems in India like the transition from the joint family system to the nuclear family systems.
2. Economic dependence or independence of the elderly persons.
3. Availability of various Government and non-government social welfare schemes to the elderly persons.
4. The needs and requirements of the elderly persons etc.
|Author: NK SHARMA 25 Aug 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 1 (Rs 1) Voting Score: 0|
1. Can you tell me how many old age homes are there in India and what % people are living in them? It is very small in number.Most of the parents/ old age people are living with their children and relatives. So saying that "old age homes are the only hope of elderly today" is not true.
2.There are many governmental and social welfare schemes to the elderly persons such as old age pension, health schemes.
3. Many old age persons are very good financially, they can keep
servant and helper. they can live happily with their own. once money is there all problems can be solved.
You think with your own and develop the topic.
|Author: Sheo Shankar Jha 25 Aug 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
Old age home does not fit exactly in the Indian scenario since most of aging people in our country are deeply attached to their near and dear one's and even if such an arrangement is made by their well wishers, they may not like it. Also, the old age home in our countries are in the nascent state operating from the major cities. The charges for such accommodation are sorbitant and hence it may not suit all the senior citizens because of their financial constraint.
A lot of initiatives has to be taken from the side of Government and NGO to ease the situation. Pension amount offered to senior citizens is meagre and that may not be the solution for their maintenance.
In fact, we have to go a long way to make the lives of these people comfortable.
|Author: gsadhiks 28 Aug 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 3 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
"Old age homes are the only hope of the elderly today" Actually the topic itself is not relevant for school children. There are many good educative topics for debates. But any how I will give you certain points which are always helpful for your debate competition.
1. Regarding your topic first find out how many old age homes are there in your city.
2. Meet few people in old age home, speak to them and find out why they have opted to stay in old age homes.
3. Similarly meet a few people who are staying with their relatives or children.
4. Make a small note of all that and you will find the points for your debate topic.