• Category: Security

Best free software to record keystroke (password)

Want to record password keystrokes? Looking out for free software for this function? Find advice from experts on this page.

I want to record all passwords (keystrokes) in my windows 7 (OS). Note that I need password(keystroke) recording options of website and of visual basic/foxpro software security.
    Which software list which support windows 7/xp ?
    Actually, one software had been installed in my laptop. Now I want to record that security password , while they enter the password to view there coding.
    Can you share the free software to record passwords related keyboard recording spy software for windows 7/xp ? If possible can you also provide link to download that free software?
  • #138267

The type of software you are looking for is called keylogger. And snooping on someone else's password is called "hacking". And it's unethical to snoop on others password. So you need to understand that if this is something unethical and would be against adsense TOS on this site to share on ISC. So I won't be giving you any links. However I can give you names which you can google and try them on your own.

However there are some free softwares which can be checked are:
    1. REFOG Free Keylogger
    2. DanuSoft Free Keylogger
    3. Real Free Keylogger
    4. Revealer Keylogger Free

If anyone used program such as keyscrambler then you can notice that it'd not be possible to read the keystrokes there onwards.

• #138293
    Keylogger is what you would require for recording each of the keystrokes which is available as a hardware as well. It can be connected as a hardware device from your keyboard to one of the USB ports at the back of the computer. However, I am afraid if you require this for a genuine intention as the practice of recording keystrokes is unethical and it's actually considered as a malware.

So I would suggest you better to understand the harmfulness it does to your computer before getting them installed. Beware, it's a compromise on your own security for others and vice-versa. Mahesh on the above thread has already mentioned about the free software available. I would also prefer not to share the links here.

Thanks
    Suhasini.R

"Stay Hungry, Stay foolish".

• #151531
    If you found to be violating rules and regulations laid by United States of America and India, you will be arrested and imprisoned for Cyber Crime.

It is illegal to even discuss about illegal Keylooging, hacking PHRASE, and unethical hacking. I have no idea who editor has approved this AE question and I am afraid this might affect the revenue of ISC from this post.

Ask yourself, When is illegal? Illegal hacking is a way when you try to steal online by doing Keylooging, senting Spyware and Malwares to another system server with the wrong intentions. It is similar to blackmailing somebody or kidnapping someone and asking for ransom or stealing online and we call it THIEF.

Penalties under different circumstances circumstances the law punishes hacking under the computer crime statutes. These kind of crimes carry penalties ranging from a class B misdemeanor (punishable by up to six months period in prison and a penalry fine of up to INR 50k) to a class B felony (punishable by up to 20 years in prison, a fine of up to INR 5000000 Lakhs and you won't be able to touch another computer for the rest of your life.

Here is the list of crimes that you shouldn't be doing in USA and India.

1. Hacking Password or logging in to websites or computers without authorization.

2. Access softwares to steal confidential information including Keylooging, obtaining unauthorized access to data processing, storage access, and clearing databases.

3. Transferring files from other servers, and making damages (Deleting Databases)

4. Hacking computers with VPN, copying data and disclosure from other computers in intention to harm somebody.

The penalties depends on the damages caused by you including stealing information and destruction to the system. While Keylooging softwares are gone these days because most people uses Virtual Keyboard and not the physical keyboard because we all are living in a fast paced world.

If you steal information, by using this kelogging softwares, then you will be imprisoned for 20 years.

Hackers never learns but always wins!

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.