• Category: Study Abroad

I have a doubt about age when am in 10th class

Having a query about the right age to be in 10th class? Find advice from experts on this page.

My date of birth is 26.10.2002.
    Is there any problem if I am in 10 th class now?
    What should be the correct age to be in 10th class?
  • #138247
    You are going to be 14 years old now and I think this is the perfect age for 10th. Even I was 14 years old when I passed 10th and please don't think about these things just concentrate on your study. Age doesn't matter. Wish you all the luck for your study and future.

• #138249
    14 years is the minimum age at the time of passing out. You will be around 15 when you will pass 10th. so do not worry.
    The greatest wealth in this world is mental peace and good health.

• #138265
    The author has not mentioned the name of the board in which he is appearing for class X examination as there are many state boards besides the central boards like CBSE etc.

According to the CBSE guidelines the student has to satisfy the requirement of age limits (minimum and maximum) as determined by the State/UT government and applicable to the place where the school is located.

As far as the Central schools are concerned the minimum and maximum age as on 31st march of the year in which admission is sought should be 14 years and 16 years respectively. However, the maximum age can be relaxed by 2 years in case of a physically challenged student.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

• #138273
    You will be 14 years old this year. Usually you must have heard that minimum age for 1st standard required is 5 years completed. Most of the schools starts in calendar month June. You must have completed 4 years 7 months by that time i.e. year 2007. With this calculation June 2016 is your 10th standard starting year. This make sense. It is slight young when you started your education but it is allowed. There is ongoing news of 4 year girl child from Uttar Pradesh got admission into 9th standard. This required special permission based on mental ability. You are lucky and good that you are in perfect age with right class. Concentrate on your study as this is very important year for future education.

• #138330
    You have not mentioned the Board where you are studying. If you are in a CBSE school and if you are going to appear in Xth standard examination in 2017, you won't face any problem.

So far as State Boards are concerned, these Boards also more or less follow the guidelines of CBSE.

So don't think about your age. Instead concentrate on your Board examination.