UG and PG degree need same discipline qualification eligible for Assistance Professor post

Date: 24 Aug 2016    Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I have completed my full-time B.Sc (68%, 2003), M.Sc (64%, 2006), M.Phil (72%, 2007), Biochemistry and Ph.D (Biochemistry-Zoology, 2013). I also finished M.Sc-Zoology (69.6%, 2016) in Distance Education. Then I applied to regular Assistant professor in Zoology govt aided college, the College authorities said UG and PG degree need same subject to be eligible for assistant professor, but no rules UGC regulation like that issue. The UGC regulation "Good academic record as defined by the concerned University with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master's Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University". I need, am eligible for Assistant Professor post in Zoology department for aided colleges and Government colleges?, Please advise me, it's possible mean please send any GOs my email id. syed gani.taj@gmail.com.

Guidance for candidate who has completed B.Sc., M.Sc., M.Phil and Ph.D. in Biochemistry and M.Sc. in Zoology. Is the post of teaching or professing in government college allowed to those people who have completed their undergraduate and postgraduate course in the same subject? What are the UGC norms for recruiting professors in a government college.

Author: Kailash Kumar    25 Aug 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

The author has not mentioned his subjects of B.Sc. as generally B.Sc. degree is not awarded in a single subject e.g. Biochemistry though M.Sc degree is awarded in a single subject like Biochemistry. Was Zoology one of the subjects at B.Sc. degree level or not? Also Ph.D. in Biochemistry- Zoology is not clear. Was the guide for Ph.D. a faculty of the Biochemistry department or the Zoology department.

Also, it may not be possible to provide copies of the UGC orders etc. in this forum. The author may consider request for the sought information directly from the University Grant Commission through a simple RTI application. Details of the CPIOs of UGC is given on the following link -
http://www.ugc.ac.in/pdfnews/7143901_CPIONewList.pdf.pdf

Author: Taju    25 Aug 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

Dear Kailash Kumar,
Greetings. Thank you for valuable response to me. My B.Sc Biochemistry degree no any one Zoology paper and My Ph.D guide for faculty of Zoology Department. In Alagappa University eligibility criteria for M.Sc Zoology (Bachelor's Degree in Biological Sciences, (Zoology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Veterinary Science, and Fisheries Science, Pharmacy or equivalent degree) with at least 50% marks.). Based on the eligibility I have done M.Sc Zoology degree.
Thank you sir.