Ask Experts » Computers » Blog and websites »

Can I rank first in Search Engine results for my website’s name if it is unique?

Date: 29 Aug 2016    Group: Computers    Category: Blog and websites   

I have a web app product and I have finalised a name of that product (say- XYZ). When I made a search on Google and a few other search engines, there were no relevant search results having mentions of such a name. It means that there is no product or anything ever has been there with that name.
I am pretty confident about the uniqueness of name as this is a word I made and brought up by myself.
In next few days, I will launch an official website to feature and promote my product. In this case, once indexed, will I be ranked in the first page for at least a search query that is my product or website's name?
Experts: do advice.

Have a query about search engine ranking? Wondering if your unique website name will rank at the top? Find advice from experts on this page.

Author: Mahesh    31 Aug 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Having unique name is not going to cut it for app. Your app also needs to have some unique functionality and good reviews. And this way it has more chances of getting the downloads. This is how it works for most of the people who are making apps. Don't stick with google play store. You may have to also try some other app stores which offer free listing of the app. This way you'd rank better search ranking. Do note that google ranks things which are in demand. If you don't create demand or social media interest from the people to your app then consider that it'd not make much traffic to your app. That's why there are content writers and social media managers working on the app promotion on their accounts all the time.

Read related posts: Sea