Ask Experts » Lawyers » Indian Law »

Query about change of Name and about community

Date: 30 Aug 2016   Posted By: anu vigneshwari     Group: Lawyers    Category: Indian Law   

I have the following queries:
1. My name does not tally in my school and college certificates with my name in id proof. Will I face any problem in future because of this difference?
2. I have also applied to change my name in the gazette. After changing my name in gazette is it necessary to change my name in school and college certificate?
If so what is the procedure for that?
3. I belong to 'BC' community. I don't have a non creamy layer certificate. Am I treated as general or OBC community? Is it important to get non creamy layer certificate in order to enter into banking field? If so can you tell the procedure ?
Experts: do respond earnestly.

Have a query about change of name and about community in documentation? Find advice from experts on this page.

Author: Aswini Thota    10 Sep 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

It is better to change because you will have the certificates printed with the previous name which you have not changed, in future it may cause problem to you while looking for job opportunities. You can contact your school staff .