|Author: Kailash Kumar 01 Sep 2016 Member Level: Platinum Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Fennel seeds typically contain 52% carbohydrates, 15% fat, 40% dietary fiber, 16% protein and 9% water. India is the largest producer of fennel seeds in the word. In India, sugar coated and uncoated fennel seeds are consumed as an after meal mouth freshener also. It is an ingredient of the spice mixture known as 'panch phoron' in the states of Assam, Bengal, Odisha, Bihar, Jharkhand and Uttar Pradesh.
The following are some of the benefits to taking fennel seeds -
1. Chewing fennel seeds increases the nitrite content in saliva which keeps a check on blood pressure levels. Also, its potassium content helps in controlling heart rate and blood pressure.
2. Fennel tea works as a diuretic and therefore helps in flushing out excess fluids, remove toxins and reduces the risk of urinary tract problems.
3. It is useful in managing conditions like indigestion, bloating and constipation.
4. It is also considered to be useful in reducing asthma symptoms, purifies blood, improves eyesight and keeps cancer away.
|Author: Mahesh 01 Sep 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Fennel seeds can be both good and bad for the health, depending on the time and frequency of the consumption. Some of the benefits of the Fennel seeds are as follows -
1. It helps with the digestion after eating heavy food.
2. It helps bad breathe from onion and ginger.
3. It retains water longer in the stomach.
4. Helps reduce the obesity if consumed in proportion.
5. It helps with the brain and memory too.
And some of the issues with the seeds are -
1. Daily consumption affects digestion and it also affects the frequency of the toilet.
2. It also affects your taste bud and it affects your taste if you consume daily.
3. Too much consumption of those seeds also affect the teeth.
4. Taking these seeds also increases thirst if consumed too much.
That being said, if consumed in proportion it can be good for the health.
|Author: Sheo Shankar Jha 03 Sep 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 4 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
The following are the benefits in consuming Fennel- seeds after meal-
1) Proper chewing of Funnel- seeds will enhance Saliva and as such chewing of Funnel- seeds will strengthen digestive - system.
2) It pacifies the excess heat of the metabolism and as such in feeling excess thirst, this remedy is helpful in alleviating the thirst.
3) In Ayurveda, this is an excellent remedy to arrest vomiting and hence this can be used for the commuters who are on the bus- journey.
4) It can remove the toxins from our system since this accelerates in the removal of toxins from the Liver and thus it purifies blood.
5) A regular consumption of Almond followed by addition of equal amount of Funnel - seed can strengthen our eye sight and moreover, it strengthens the nervous - system.
The only side effect of its excess consumption is the corrosion of the enamel.
|Author: Ajay Vikram Singh 24 Sep 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 5 (Rs 5) Voting Score: 0|
Everything that we eat has some good and some bad effects on our body. Having something less than you need can be disastrous, but having it more could seem. Let's have a look at some good as well as bad effects of fennel seeds in our body.
1-It prevents aging process. Fennel seed is rich in anti-oxidants which help in keeping the skin young.
2-It helps indigestion. Since fennel seeds are rich source of dietary fibers, they help stomach to function properly and help in the cases of constipation and other stomach related problems as well.
3-They cool the body down so it is recommended to have it during summers.
4-Fennel seeds contain creosol and alpha pinene which helps in relieving congestion so it's useful in common cold.
5-It helps in reducing weight as it contains appetite suppressants.
6-If you are an Asthmatic, you can boil their leaves and inhale it when you suffer an Asthma attack. It will relieve the symptoms.
1-Too much use of fennel seeds can make your skin extra sensitive. You might start getting rashes with minimal sun exposure.
2-Some people could be allergic to fennel seeds so analyze you before using it. Usually people who are allergic to carrots and mugwort are likely to be allergic of fennel.
So we can conclude that it's good to have some fennel seeds after meal but first of all analyse yourself if you are allergic to it or not and then make sure you consume it in right amounts.
Is this a good answer ?