|Author: Timmappa Kamat 02 Sep 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
Well, Synthetic milk is the chemically produced milk that differs from the animal milk. It is manufactured by mixing the predefined and calculated amount of urea, caustic soda, refined oil and common detergents. The purpose of adding the detergents is to aid in the emulsification of the solution and giving a frothy appearance. The milk looks almost similar to the regular milk in all respects. The differentiating factors would taste and the nutritional elements.
The constituents of synthetic milk are quite harmful in more ways than one. Urea and caustic soda affect heart, lungs and kidney.
It may not be easy for the milk to be checked at home as you will need to perform chemical analysis to arrive at the contaminants included. However, a few ideas could be helpful.
1. The natural milk will have a sweeter taste that is unique to milk. Synthetic milk tastes a little bitter.
2. Natural milk has a pH value of around 6.8 which is slightly on the acidic side of neutrality. Synthetic milk is highly alkaline with a pH value of over 10.
3. You can check it by rubbing it between your fingers. Synthetic milk should give you a soapy feeling because of the presence of detergents.
4. Natural milk stays white even on boiling, while the synthetic milk turns slightly yellow.
5. Storage could be an easy identifier. Synthetic milk gets yellowish on storage while natural milk remains white.
|Author: Sheo Shankar Jha 02 Sep 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Synthetic - milk is prepared by taking Urea, Caustic- soda, Refined oils and the cheap detergents available in the market. All these chemicals are blended in such a way so as to have the appearance of the milk but despite this, we can distinguish the difference between the two in more than one ways. The following are the tips to distinguish the difference-
1) The density of milk is 1.02 where as the synthetic - milk is appreciably higher than this.
2) Ph - value of milk is 6.8 where as the synthetic milk would show it over 10.0.
3) Milk is sweet to taste but the synthetic milk would offer a bitter taste.
4) On boiling, the colour of the synthetic milk turns to yellow but the natural milk retains the white colour.
The synthetic milk can paralyse the function of the vital parts of the body like Liver, Heart, Lungs and Kidneys.
|Author: Mahesh 03 Sep 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Synthetic milk is the type of milk produced using the inorganic means. This doesn't mean entire content of the milk is part of chemicals. On the the contrary, the milk being created makes use of the natural oils, chemicals.
1. Fat in such milk is reduced to zero. This is to project the product as healthy.
2. Ph value of such milk is higher which shows it's not good for a lot of people.
3. Milk is processed to taste sweet but the natural sweetness doesn't exist.
4. Processed synthetic milk doesn't have any form of smell during the packaging but if kept in open for long it starts to smell after some time.
5. Pasteurization method isn't required and doing that home can result in water content evaporation. leaving the milk to be more thicker.
6. Synthetic milk is not safe for the mothers and little kids.