Well, Synthetic milk is the chemically produced milk that differs from the animal milk. It is manufactured by mixing the predefined and calculated amount of urea, caustic soda, refined oil and common detergents. The purpose of adding the detergents is to aid in the emulsification of the solution and giving a frothy appearance. The milk looks almost similar to the regular milk in all respects. The differentiating factors would taste and the nutritional elements.
The constituents of synthetic milk are quite harmful in more ways than one. Urea and caustic soda affect heart, lungs and kidney.
It may not be easy for the milk to be checked at home as you will need to perform chemical analysis to arrive at the contaminants included. However, a few ideas could be helpful.
1. The natural milk will have a sweeter taste that is unique to milk. Synthetic milk tastes a little bitter.
2. Natural milk has a pH value of around 6.8 which is slightly on the acidic side of neutrality. Synthetic milk is highly alkaline with a pH value of over 10.
3. You can check it by rubbing it between your fingers. Synthetic milk should give you a soapy feeling because of the presence of detergents.
4. Natural milk stays white even on boiling, while the synthetic milk turns slightly yellow.
5. Storage could be an easy identifier. Synthetic milk gets yellowish on storage while natural milk remains white.
Live....and Let Live...!