|Author: Gaurav 05 Sep 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
To enjoy the benefit of honey it's purity should be checked. To test the purity of honey you should not need lab or special instruments. You can test it at your home without any special knowledge of honey. These methods are very simple and easy to be performed in the comfort of your home. The first method is that put a drop of honey on your thumb and check if it spills. If it doesn't then iys pure but if it spills them its impure.
Second method requires a glass of water. Put a spoon of honey in a glass of water. Pure honey will settle at the bottom without dissolving while impure honey will dissolve in water.
Third method is also very simple. Take a matchstick and dip it in honey. Then strike it on a matchbox. If it burns then honey is pure but if it doesn't burns, it means that the honey contains some moisture i.e., it is impure.
These are some easy and effective methods to test the purity of honey.
|Author: gsadhiks 06 Sep 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
As you said honey has many medicinal values. As I have tested honey
In a glass of water when we add 1 tbsp honey if dissolves faster it is not pure honey. The pure honey always will settle right at the bottom of your glass.
Hope this helped you
|Author: Sheo Shankar Jha 07 Sep 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
There are certain methods to check the purity content of honey and the same can be done conveniently at home. The tips are listed below-
1) Pure honey is relatively thicker than the contaminated one and as such it takes enough time to move from one side of the container to other.
2) Match - stick will continue burning in presence of pure honey.
3) Honey, if allowed to pour in a glass containing water, the honey will settle down at the bottom where as the contaminated honey will get dissolved in the water.
4) Add 3 drops of Vinegar - essence in the honey followed by certain addition of water and on shaking the resultant mixture if foam appears, we can say that the honey is not pure.
|Author: Mahesh 07 Sep 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
There are some of the tests that you can perform at home in order to test the purity of the honey.
1. Take a glass of water and add 1 tbsp of honey. If the honey gets dissolved into the water, which every artificial honey does, then it's impure and artificial.
2. Put some honey on your thumb and see if it spills, or spreads. If it does then it's not pure. The reason being pure honey sticks with your thumb.
3. Keep the honey into plastic container and place it inside the refrigerator. Take the container out after a day. If the honey shows the different frozen content in the honey separately then it's not pure. Pure honey shows same distribution of the content in it.
4. Smell test. In this you can easily figure out the artificial honey's smell. In case of pure honey, it has it's own aroma. So you can see the difference in between the both type of the honey.