Ask Experts » Health » Nutrition »

How to increase height about 4 inches in 3 years

Date: 05 Sep 2016   Posted By: Priya     Group: Health    Category: Nutrition   

I am 17 years old, my height is 5'3" and weight is 55 kgs. My mom's height is 5'1" and my dad's height is 5'7". Whereas, my elder brother's height is 5'11", he is 5 years elder than me.
My question is: Could my height be 5'6" or 5'7" till I become 20 years old? If not, then what is the maximum height that I could have? And how can I make it up?
Awaiting advice.

Searching for methods to increase height? Find advice from experts on this page.

Author: Paresh Gujarati    07 Sep 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

The increase of height is a matter of age and heredity. Even though one can get height increased before 22 years of age by regular exercise which are proven for height. I have seen many people whose height is not governed by their parents/genes but the sports and lifestyle makes it so.

So, height increment is possible by exercise and having lifestyle which suit it.

Author: Mahesh    07 Sep 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 5  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Here are some of the options that you can use to increase the height. Though you can't really measure and perfectly make the height exactly like that. You may get more or less than that. However you can try as much as you can and that may convert into results.

1. Gymnastics - Many people have found that gymnastics really help them gain some height. Though it's hard to say considering not all people have such experience. However it has known to help in terms of height increase.

2. Cycling - This helps with both height and your metabolism rate. You have to regular do the cycling in order to gain some height. I am sure this will help with your height too.

3. Swimming. - Not something you can do all the seasons. But you should definitely check out the option. I'd say that this has worked for some of the people. And it is known to work.

Apart from the exercise, you'd have to change the diet as well. For this I'd say meet some gym instructor and the dietician. They can guide you with specific exercise and the diet that can help you as well.

Author: NK SHARMA    08 Sep 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

After a certain age it is impossible to increase the height. In your case it is not possible but hardly you can increase 1 or 2 cm. Your height is very good and it the best height for a girl to match with any height boy for marriage. You reduce your weight and brought it to 48 kg then you will look more smart and healthy.

Author: Raja    09 Sep 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

There are certain ways to increase the heights. Skipping, jumping, flexible exercises like touching the floor. Girls have a growth till 16 years until the growth of bones. some of them even have more than that depends on their age. Usually the height can be achieved from 2.5 to 5 cms.