Am I eligible for civil service exams

Date: 10 Sep 2016   Posted By: uday kumar     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I have completed my BTech in 2016, but taken 5 years to complete it. I belong to reserved category (ST).
Am I eligible for UPSC civil service exam?
Can you suggest me with things that I can apply or should prepare for my career?
Awaiting advice.

Wondering if a candidate who has completed BTech in five years is eligible for UPSC exams? On this Ask Expert page you will get answers to your queries.

Author: Kailash Kumar    12 Sep 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

The academic eligibility criteria for appearing in the civil services examination is a recognised bachelor's degree from a recognised institution.

As far as the age criteria are concerned the candidate should have completed 21 years of age and should not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2016 i.e. the candidate should have born between the period 02.08.1984 and 01.08.1995, for appearing in the 2016 examination.

However, there is a relaxation 5 years in the age limit in case of candidate belonging to SC and ST categories. Also in such cases as many attempts as possible up to the age of reaching the maximum age are allowed.

In addition to the civil services examinations, there are other examinations e.g. banks PO or clerk grade examination in which a bachelor's degree is the minimum eligibility criteria.

Is this a good answer ?    

Author: Alok Kumar    12 Sep 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

Bachelor degree from any recognised university is the eligibility criteria for UPSC civil services examination. The duration of Bachelor degree is not considered. However the candidate must fulfil the age criteria according to their category. Therefore, if your age is below 37 years on 01 Aug 2016, then you can very well apply for the above mentioned exam.

Is this a good answer ?    

Author: NK SHARMA    12 Sep 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

You are eligible for the upsc civil service exam. You should not take the decision in haste. You examine your parents financial condition, can they feed you for 4-5 yerar. You should not have other liability, then only you can survive in this competition. First evaluate your self in the light of talent and labour required for this exam. Read my article how to prepare for civil services interview, you will get many details. the article is displayed on ISC home page under recent articles.the url is-http://www.indiastudychannel.com/resources/170292-How-to-prepare-for-civil-services-Interview.aspx

Is this a good answer ?    

Author: Partha Kansabanik    13 Sep 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

If your B.Tech degree is from a UGC-recognised University and your College is recognised by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), you can apply for Indian Civil Services Examination, provided you satisfy other conditions (mainly relating to age).

With your B.Tech degree, you can also appear in Engineering Services Examination (ECE) and can also join PSUs, if you want to work in Central Government or Central PSUs.

Is this a good answer ?    

Author: Anju sharma    14 Sep 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

Yea you are eligible as for registering for upscale exams one need to be graduate . For other course you can give bank po exams . Ssc junior engineer exams. Bank clerk exams. For upscale it's not mentioned that you need to be graduated in 4 years. So you can prepare for the same .

Is this a good answer ?