Confused whether I can apply for government job

Date: 11 Sep 2016    Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

My education line was a bit complicated. I got confused and due to my family problem I chose to pursue my education line in distance learning course instead of regular mode. I finished my class 10, and 10+2 in National Institute of Open Schooling and now I am about to graduate from IGNOU.
I would like to prepare for central service and now I have doubt about my distance certificate. Will they reject me and prefer a regular course candidate if I apply for central government job?
Can you suggest if I should prepare for government job or divert my career to something else?
Experts: do respond.

Have a doubt whether distance learning graduation is eligible for a government job? Find answers to your queries and resolve your worries with advice by experts here.

Author: Kailash Kumar    12 Sep 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

The degrees awarded by the IGNOU are recognised as equivalent to the degrees awarded by universities. Thus subject to the overall age limit and other conditions, if any, in my opinion, the author should be treated as eligible for appearing in any examination where the minimum eligibility criteria is a graduation degree. Since the author has not specified any particular examination, it is not possible to offer further comments. However, it is always advisable to check the eligibility criteria published in the specific advertisement at the time of submitting application.

Is this a good answer ?    

Author: Taksha Singh    12 Sep 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

As per my knowledge you are eligible for Government job.
For any government job ,you need to complete your graduation from authorized university.
It is not mentioned anywhere that there is a criteria of Distance education .

Source : Quora : The Centre has notified that degrees, diplomas and certificates
granted by universities through open and distance-learning mode of
education for programmes including technical ones would be valid for
Central government jobs.

You can also apply for bank jobs , Bank has not put any criteria for distance education so you are eligible for Bank Job.
IBPS has not put any criteria for IBPS Clerk, IBPS PO & IBPS SO.

Its also about Job to Job,In few cases it will not be possible.

For which exam you are going , find out that individual eligibility criteria or reply here so I can clear your doubts more thoroughly.

Is this a good answer ?    

Author: Mahesh    13 Sep 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

IGNOU & Open schooling degree and diploma and certificate courses allows you to get the government jobs. The reason being as per current governments approach towards acceptance to the distance learning and online courses. So you should be fine with the certificate and courses that you have taken from the IGNOU and National Institute of Open Schooling. You can also use those degrees for taking the jobs on private companies and the government jobs. In some private cases like army or perhaps the IISC you may not be able to get the jobs with the open degrees and diploma. But other government jobs it is possible for getting job with the current set of certificates that you have.

Is this a good answer ?    

Author: Partha Kansabanik    13 Sep 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

You have completed your Xth standard and XIIth standard from National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS). Please do note that NIOS is a recognised Board in India. And that is the reason, you could take admission in IGNOU on the basis of your XIIth standard marks.

Similarly IGNOU is a Central University and the University is recognised by UGC. So, the degrees of IGNOU is recognised by all State Governments and the Union Government of India.

So, you are eligible for State Government and Central Government jobs (including jobs in PSUs) in India, provided you satisfy other eligibility conditions.

Is this a good answer ?    

Author: Alok Kumar    13 Sep 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

My first sentence is, "Yes you are eligible". The sole purpose of this distance program is to enable students to study and acquire degree so that they do not feel left behind due to their inability to attend regular classes. As you mentioned that you have completed your 10th and 12th from NIOS and pursuing your graduation from IGNOU then be sure, you are eligible for all jobs. I too have completed my graduation and post graduation from distant learning and presently working in Govt. sector.

Is this a good answer ?    

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    14 Sep 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

You should not have any doubt with respect to credibility of the qualifications earned through IGNOU though this being a distance learning centre but at the same time it is recognised by UGC and approved by the ministry HRD.
Your success for the central service examination would depend upon how seriously you are preparing for it and in no way the certificates earned by you from IGNOU would prove to be impediments in course of document - verification.
So, go ahead for any competitive examination which you would like to persue including the Civil Services Examination for your bright future prospects.

Is this a good answer ?