|Author: NK SHARMA 12 Sep 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
The eve-teasing is unwanted sexual remarks or advances by a man/boy to a woman/girl in a public place. AS per IPC the definitions are below-
section 354 IPC-- offences involving force intended to outrage the "modesty" of a woman/girl in public place. Such acts comprise using force against the will of the woman , the intention to outrage her modesty.
Criminal law amendment law 2013 provides the following sections.
354A, 354B. 354C, 354D. for eve-teasing.
354A -Sexual harassment of the nature of unwelcome physical contact and advances or demand or request for sexual favors, showing pornography imprisonment which may extent to 3 years or with fine or with both.
354B- Assault or use of criminal force to women with intent to disrobe Imprisonment not less than three years but which may extend to seven years and with fine.
354C -Voyeurism -Imprisonment not less than one year, but which may extend to 3years, and with fine for conviction. Imprisonment not less than 3years, but which may extend to 7 years,and with fine for second and subsequent conviction.
354D Stalking- Imprisonment up to 3 years with fine for 1st conviction.
Section 509 IPC--It includes verbal insults, sounds and gestures that are sexually colored and are intended to harass a woman/girl.
Punishment for eve teasing is 1-7 years of jail/ jail with fine.
Is this a good answer ?
|Author: Reena Upadhya 14 Sep 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Yes, eve teasing is a punishable offense as per Indian law.
Eve teasing as per Indian law is an act or remark or action, an attitude or behavior of a person like verbal insults, gestures and sounds that are sexually colored.
It also includes following acts:-
- Force which is used to outrage modesty of a person,
- Making physical contact which are offensive and unwelcoming in nature.
- Unwelcoming vocal or physical comments of sexual nature.
- Showing porn forcefully.
- Disrobing a person.
Cases against eve teasing:-
- Section 354- Force used to outrage a person.
- Section 509- Vocal insults or sounds to sexually harass a person.
- Section 354A- Sexual harassment.
- Section 354B- Force used to disrobe a person.
- Section 354C- For voyeurism.
- Section 354D- Stalking or contacting a person despite unwelcoming response.
Is this a good answer ?