|Author: Mahesh 13 Sep 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
Here are some answers to your questions.
2. On ISC the site uses it's own Google analytics that doesn't rotate with the members analytics ID. So we are given an option of statcounter. For basic usage statcounter is free but for advanced logs, it is paid.
3. You can't use the google analytics as far as the membership upto diamond level is concerned. You may have to contact the editors and staff to clarify if the platinum members have the features enabled. Google analytics is more powerful than the statcounter as it has more data for you to view and learn from your website.
4. Statcounter doesn't have much features and you can enable it here : http://www.indiastudychannel.com/members/StatCounterSettings.aspx
However if you want to track the performance of your current involvement in ISC then statecounter seems to be the only option.
Is this a good answer ?
|Author: Reena Upadhya 14 Sep 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 5 (Rs 5) Voting Score: 0|
Google analytics is an analytic tool which is designed to generate statistics in detailed form regarding various day to day activities on website.
How does google analytics work:-
Tracking code connects google analytics to the users website. User has to generate the code. It needs to be placed into the HTML back end of users website. User has to place this code on each and every page of his website on which he wants to keep a track like his audience or number of visitors and their needs. This tool uses first party cookies on each and every audience computer. It stores visitors data into users account.
Components of google analytics:-
1) Data collection service,
Implementing google analytics:-
1) Go to website of google analytics.
2) Create a google analytics account.
3) Add google analytics tracking to your blog or website.
Google analytics and stats counter:-
1) Stats counter provide raw information as well as all the logged details whereas analytics cannot.
Tips to maximize efficiency of google analytics:-
1) Measure speed- To attract world wide audience you need to check on your download speed. It should rank high for SEO.
2) Different groups for different audience- Build different segments and name each of them. This will help audiences and provides more clarity to them.
3) Keep a track record of email campaigns.
4) Create email weekly or bimonthly or monthly reports whichever is convenient to you.
5) Set up custom dashboards- It helps you to produce consistent reports and keep a track of progress that is been made.
6) Create custom alerts- It will help in detecting any unusual activity on your website or blog. It will send you an email when any unusual activity is detected.
7) Create goals- This trick will help you to take care of your conversion progress.
Is this a good answer ?