Ask Experts » Lawyers » Indian Law »

How to register a publishing house?

Date: 12 Sep 2016    Group: Lawyers    Category: Indian Law   

I've started a publishing house since one year but not registered yet. Many friends say it is very need to register if I've to sell any publishing materials in book stalls. I have no idea about the registering processes.
How to register a publishing house under central government and what are the credentials required to do so?
Experts: do respond.

Wondering how to register a publishing house? Here, on this Ask Expert page you will get all the answers you are looking for.

Author: Mahesh    15 Sep 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Publishing house should be registered like any other profitable entity. So you have to get in touch with CA or the company formation consultancies. And then get your publishing house registered. Some of the consultancies also show you the compliance that you have to go through for the publishing house. The registration of entity will cost you around 18000 Rs for name registration. And more for higher amount of money for the business compliance, rented space and other business expenses. You have to also register for the publishing house ID along with the distribution compliance for the type of content you publish. These are some of the common things that you'd have to go through while forming the publication house.

I suggest starting with the formation of legal entity and then go ahead with the publishing compliance and increase on additional formalities as you expand.

Is this a good answer ?