Ask Experts » Lawyers » Indian Law »

How to register a firm under IGR and what credentials required for registration?

Date: 14 Sep 2016    Group: Lawyers    Category: Indian Law   

I want to register a proprietorship firm for education purpose under Inspector General of Registration, Odisha. I want to know what the procedure is and what credentials required for the registration of firm under IGR. Law experts from ISC please let me know with complete details about the documentation needed, registration fees, bye-laws, etc.

Interested setting up a proprietorship firm? Searching for how to do so? Find advice from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    16 Sep 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

As far as, I know a proprietorship firm for education purpose is not required to be registered with the Inspector General of Registration, Odisha.

Apparently, the proprietors are not mandatorily required to register their proprietorship firms, but it is advisable to get the same registered as the banks don't open a current bank account for business transactions without completing the KYC norms. Besides the ID proof and address proof of the firms, the banks require the applicants to submit registration certificates.

In addition to the PAN card, the service providing entities are required to submit service tax registration certificates and the trading entities are required to submit documents like licenses/registrations/certificates etc. issued by the various Government authorities depending upon the nature of the business.

In my opinion, the author may contact a local lawyer together with requisite details in person for specific advice regarding the subject matter.

Is this a good answer ?