Ask Experts » Education » India Educational Consultants »

Is there any short term government course for English language training?

Date: 14 Sep 2016    Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I want to go Europe and need to qualify the English test for VISA. Is there any government certified short term course for British English learning? If yes, under which University or Institute I can avail this opportunity? Can you give me the complete information with course duration, fees, certification, exam pattern etc.?
Experts: do assist.

Searching for short term English language training? Check out this Ask Expert page for advice from experts.

Author: Kailash Kumar    16 Sep 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

The author may consider taking IELTS with the British Council. IELTS stands for International English Language Testing System. This is a test that measures the language proficiency of people who want to study or work in countries where English is used as a language of communication. The IELTS Academic test is suitable for entry to study at undergraduate or postgraduate levels whereas the IELTS General Training is suitable for those applying to train or study at below degree level.

The British Council offers IELTS Preparation - Regular and IELTS Preparation - Intensive courses. IELTS is on the UKVI list of approved Secure English Language Tests (SELT). In case IELTS test result is required as part of the application to UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI), then the applicants need to take the test at a specific test location authorised by UKVI.

Detailed procedure of registration for the test and other details can be seen at the website of the British Council -

Is this a good answer ?    

Author: Partha Kansabanik    18 Sep 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

There is no Government-certified short-term course for learning British English. However, it must be remembered that in schools and colleges of India, we learn British English. So far as English conversation is concerned, the author may consider joining a good institute in his/her city which trains for IELTS.

Is this a good answer ?    

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    Online Members

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.