|Author: Venkat Satish Mamidisetti 21 Sep 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 6 (Rs 6) Voting Score: 0|
Mechatronics is a hybrid field of study that involves both branches of Mechanical engineering and electronics engineering. The objective of this course is to amalgamate the features of electronic technology into mechanical structures. The best examples for Mechatronics engineering applications are Robots. Robotics is major field of study in Mechatronics engineering which requires electronic controls to move parts of robot and execute the given tasks.
Not only robots Mechatronics finds applications in every mechanical part that operates remotely like doors of a metro train or International space station that adjusts it's mega solar panels in the direction of sun rays. Mechatronics involves use of various types of motors like stepper motors that rotates with precision according to electronic control supply. Definitely there's a lot of scope in Mechatronics engineering in the field of robotics, space technology, self driven vehicles, massive earth moving vehicles with hydraulic and electronic controls.
There are various universities in India that offers Mechatronics engineering in Bachelors of technology B.tech and Masters of technology M.tech courses. Universities like Jawaharlal Nehru technological university JNTU, JNU, Anna University, Hindustan universities, Graphic Era university, University of Pune and Top national institutions like IIT's, NIT, IISC's etc offer Mechatronics engineering courses.
Various recruiters like Caterpiller, ABB etc offers jobs for Mechatronics students after the completion of their course.
Is this a good answer ?
|Author: Raja 22 Sep 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 5 (Rs 5) Voting Score: 0|
After 12th standard along with Maths, Physics, Chemistry will be able to join the B.Tech in Mechatronics.
Mechatronics is a combination or blend of Mechanical and Electronics along with computers and also the design engineering studies. Undergraduate degree such as B.Tech in Mechatronics is good degree for understanding the working of different fields of engineering at the Basic level. The students will be able to design circuits, construct and run the automated process.
The skills of the students will be good in Programming computers,Micro controllers,Logical controllers, sensors, mechanical devices such as hydraulic, pneumatic and electric drives.
List of Universities and Institutes offering Bachelor of Technology in Mechatronics courses in Tamil Nadu are
1. Hindusthan College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore.
2. Nehru Institute of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore.
3. Sri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore.
4. KS Rangaswamy College of Technology, Tiruchengode
5. Kongu Engineering College, Erode.
6. Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
7. SASTRA, Trichy
8. SRM University, Chennai
9. Manipal University Jaipur,
10. Manipal Institute of Technology
11. Narsee Monjee Mumbai.
12. Oxford College of Engineering, Bangalore
13. Acharya Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
14. ICFAI (Dehradun)
16. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Patna), Patna (Bihar)
17. Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Technology, Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh)
18. Chhatrapati Shivaji Institute of Technology, Durg (Chhattisgarh)
19. Pavai College of Technology, Namakkal ( Tamil Nadu)
20. Indian Institute of Engineering & Technology
21. Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Technology
22. National Institute of Technology
23. Asia Pacific institute of Information Technology
Some of the institutes offering M.E - Masters in Mechatronics Engineering
1. Madras institute of Technology, Chennai
2. Kongu Engineering College, Erode
3. Karpagam College of Engineering, Coimbatore
4. The Indian Engineering College (TIEC)
5. Rajaas Engineering College, Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu.
Is this a good answer ?