Ask Experts » Family & Life » Parenting »

Obtaining a Birth Certificate for a 12 yrs old child

Date: 21 Sep 2016   Posted By: George     Group: Family & Life    Category: Parenting   

I have a child who is 12 years old. I was in love with a girl and she gave birth to the child at home before we got married. Later we got married and now I want to obtain a Birth Certificate for my child as it had become necessary to produce the same at the school. How do I obtain a Birth Certificate for my child? Is there any complication?
Experts: do guide.

Wondering how to obtain birth certificate of a 12 year old child? Worried if there will be any complication? Find advice from experts on this page.

Author: Venkat Satish Mamidisetti    22 Sep 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Obtaining a birth certificate is mandatory for every child born at home or in hospital. The registration for birth certificate must be made within 21 days of birth. Though it is too late in your case, the birth certificate for a child with 12 years can be obtained.

Do visit your municipality office where the birth happened. Take the necessary forms to be filled and If you are living at the same place please contact the women and child welfare workers in your area to provide proof for the birth and also you may need the attestation of five neighbors who are senior citizens.

If you are living in a village or the birth place is a village, the concerned village revenue officer can provide you the attestations required and you need to provide a legal document in the form of notary stating that you are the parents and the time and place where the child is born and must be attested with a lawyer. With all these proofs you can apply birth certificate at a municipal office which has a separate section of Registrar of births and deaths by paying concerned fee.

The certificate of birth can be obtained after days after application.

Is this a good answer ?    

Author: Alok Kumar    22 Sep 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

I have recently obtained birth certificate of my son, whose DOB is 08.02.2002. For that I obtained a blank form(required for issue of Birth Certificate) from municipality office(where the child was born) and filled all the information regarding child. After that one affidavit by the father stating the place of birth and date of birth has to be prepared. If father is not able to sign on affidavit then grandfather can also sign it. One certificate from head (mukhiya) of village panchayat and initiated by ward member has to be submitted along with affidavit and filled up form to municipality office. If proof of birth is given by a recognised hospital, that too will be a sufficient proof in place of certificate by village head.

Is this a good answer ?